Club Starter Kit Default Administrator User Name & Password, & How To Change RRS feed

• Question

• User-557321484 posted

I downloaded the asp.net Club Starter Kit and installed fine.  

However I couldn’t find the default login and password to get into the admin of the system. I would like to know how to change this also if possible.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Also, with a system like this where the database is built in, I’m not sure how to view the database outside of the website. Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks.

Thursday, November 6, 2008 5:48 PM

All replies

• User730446648 posted

I am assuming that since you posted in the classifieds kit section, that meant classifieds kit?

Regardless this should work for setting yourself as Admin.

There's several methods to accomplish this, but what works great for me was using a users.aspx file.

All you have to do is go here: http://forums.asp.net/t/1110595.aspx the link for the users.aspx file is at the bottom of the first post.
    It's a long post, but at the bottom of the first.

It's written in C# and I primarily use VB and it still works fine, so no need to change anything with it.

Create a normal login Id through your website,

Upload the file to your website, and place it on in your main folder such as: www.mysite.com/users.aspx

Enter the location of the users file into your browser, and set your Id as administrator.

Then VERY IMPORTANT, move the users.aspx file to a protected area, such as the Admin folder.

And just like that, you're done.

As far as your database question, I don't understand what you need.
    Why would you want to view it outside of the website?

Thursday, November 6, 2008 11:33 PM