Microsoft Search Server 2008 QueryEx RRS feed

• Question

•  

I'm using the MOSS SearchService.queryex method in the Microsoft Search Server 2008 web service and loading a dataset with the results.  This is working except that I can only get 10 results!  There are more, if I use the search in the search server itself I can page through about 50 results for the same query on "billing".  This is the xml I am using for the search string.  What do I need to do to get more than 10 results returned? 

"<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' ?><QueryPacket xmlns='urn:Microsoft.Search.Query' Revision='1000'><Query domain='PH'><SupportedFormats><Format>urn:Microsoft.Search.Response.Document.Document</Format></SupportedFormats><Context><Range><StartAt>1</StartAt><Count>200</Count></Range><QueryText language='en-US' type='STRING'>billing</QueryText></Context></Query></QueryPacket>"

Thursday, June 19, 2008 5:41 PM

Answers

• OK I found the problem Syntax wrong.  This is correct

"<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' ?><QueryPacket xmlns='urn:Microsoft.Search.Query' Revision='1000'><Query domain='PH'><SupportedFormats><Format>urn:Microsoft.Search.Response.Document.Document</Format></SupportedFormats><Context><QueryText language='en-US' type='STRING'>billing</QueryText></Context><Range><StartAt>1</StartAt><Count>200</Count></Range></Query></QueryPacket>"
    Thursday, June 19, 2008 6:57 PM

All replies

• Forgot to say I'm collecting the results in a dataset.  mySearchStr is the xml above. works fine, but returns a maximum of 10 results.

dsResultsS = QueryFiles.QueryEx(mySearchStr)

Thursday, June 19, 2008 5:46 PM
  • OK I found the problem Syntax wrong.  This is correct

"<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' ?><QueryPacket xmlns='urn:Microsoft.Search.Query' Revision='1000'><Query domain='PH'><SupportedFormats><Format>urn:Microsoft.Search.Response.Document.Document</Format></SupportedFormats><Context><QueryText language='en-US' type='STRING'>billing</QueryText></Context><Range><StartAt>1</StartAt><Count>200</Count></Range></Query></QueryPacket>"
    Thursday, June 19, 2008 6:57 PM
  • OK I found the problem Syntax wrong. This is correct

"urn:Microsoft.Search.Response.Document.Documentbilling1200"

It is exactly what I need, It's very valuable.
    Friday, February 18, 2011 3:18 AM