none
Is it possible to split a workbook with multiple worksheets into multiple workbooks? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a report/project I'm working on where one of the requirements was to separate the master workbook (with one worksheet) into multiple files based on the value in one of the columns.  I got that working fine, then they told me they need the initial worksheet in the master workbook split into two worksheets.  My macro that makes multiple files/workbooks runs off of Sheet 1.  Is it possible to make "child" workbooks that contain BOTH of the worksheets?

There are no mistakes; every result tells you something of value about what you are trying to accomplish.

Thursday, February 20, 2020 10:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Considering the issue is mainly related to macros, to help you resolve the issue better, I will move the thread to Excel for Developers. You may get more helpful replies there. Thanks for your kind understanding. 

Best Regards,

Emily

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Friday, February 21, 2020 12:39 PM