WPF project not working on XP RRS feed

• Question

• I've created a new WPF project  on vista...

I wanted to try it on an XP machine, so I simply installed .net framework 3.0... But when i try to run the application, i get "the program has encountered a problem" error...

I installed visual C# on that machine, and tried to "test" the project...

I got this error:

"Unable to find manifest signing certificate in the certificate store."
    Thursday, September 25, 2008 12:47 PM

All replies

• Ok, I tried again.. I believe this is the real error:

"Error    1    The "SubsetFonts" task could not be instantiated from the assembly "E:\Test\Test\SubsetFontTask.dll".
    System.Security.SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers.
       at SubsetFontTask.SubsetFontsBase..ctor()
       at SubsetFontTask.SubsetFonts..ctor()
    The action that failed was:
    LinkDemand
    The assembly or AppDomain that failed was:
    SubsetFontTask, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
    The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
    Intranet
    The Url of the assembly that failed was:
    file:///E:/Test/Test/SubsetFontTask.dll    Test"

Just for experiment, I added a new form to the application as the start form, and called the main form using this form

The new form worked successfully on xp, but when it tries to load the main form, i get the "program has stopped working" xp error...

Any ideas?
    Thursday, September 25, 2008 1:33 PM
  • I have same problme too.
    Is there any new information?

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 3:05 AM
  • Ok, I tried again.. I believe this is the real error:

"Error    1    The "SubsetFonts" task could not be instantiated from the assembly "E:\Test\Test\SubsetFontTask.dll".
    System.Security.SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers.
       at SubsetFontTask.SubsetFontsBase..ctor()
       at SubsetFontTask.SubsetFonts..ctor()
    The action that failed was:
    LinkDemand
    The assembly or AppDomain that failed was:
    SubsetFontTask, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
    The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
    Intranet
    The Url of the assembly that failed was:
    file:///E:/Test/Test/SubsetFontTask.dll    Test"

Just for experiment, I added a new form to the application as the start form, and called the main form using this form

The new form worked successfully on xp, but when it tries to load the main form, i get the "program has stopped working" xp error...

Any ideas?

Pretty sure you are running the application from the Intranet zone. ie: E: is probably mapped to a network drive, not a local disk. If this is the case, copy the app to a physical drive on your system like C:\ and the problem should go away. .net Code Access Security identified that one of the assemblies performed a linkdemand for a permission set that is not allowed for the Intranet zone.
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 10:18 PM
  • I have same problme too.
    Is there any new information?

I noticed I replied to the old post which was very old. Just replying to yours as well to make sure you get an email with the update.
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 10:25 PM