Ribbon from Designer not loading in my outlook window RRS feed

• Question

• I've earlier used Ribbon XML to create ribbon buttons for inspector windows, now I deleted them and added a New Ribbon from Ribbon Designer. I added my buttons to it and then loaded my project, but outlook does not show my new ribbon designer control?

Is there anything else I've to do to load my ribbon added from designer?

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 7:59 AM

Answers

• Are your ribbon customizations being displayed when you open an existing e-mail?  When you use the Ribbon designer your customizations are only displayed for new e-mails by default.  You can change where your Ribbon is displayed in the Properties pane for your OfficeRibbon control by changing the RibbonType property.

If this still doesn't answer your question, please provide the code from your Ribbon's designer file in the InitializeComponent procedure.

(P.S. Please don't forget to mark this post as an answer if it has helped you)
    Eric Legault: MVP (Outlook), MCTS (SharePoint)
    Owner: Collaborative Innovations
    Twitter: elegault
    Blog: Eric Legault My Eggo
    • Marked as answer by VChaddha Wednesday, July 7, 2010 2:59 PM
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 2:47 PM

All replies

• Are your ribbon customizations being displayed when you open an existing e-mail?  When you use the Ribbon designer your customizations are only displayed for new e-mails by default.  You can change where your Ribbon is displayed in the Properties pane for your OfficeRibbon control by changing the RibbonType property.

If this still doesn't answer your question, please provide the code from your Ribbon's designer file in the InitializeComponent procedure.

(P.S. Please don't forget to mark this post as an answer if it has helped you)
    Eric Legault: MVP (Outlook), MCTS (SharePoint)
    Owner: Collaborative Innovations
    Twitter: elegault
    Blog: Eric Legault My Eggo
    • Marked as answer by VChaddha Wednesday, July 7, 2010 2:59 PM
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 2:47 PM
  • oh yes ... that was the issue. Thanks.
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 2:59 PM