none
HISEHFC0056 Data conversion failed. Ensure that the record data matches the schema specified in the metadata assembly. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

I am getting this error from accessing file from mainframe using Host file Adapter.

HISEHFC0056 Data conversion failed. Ensure that the record data matches the schema specified in the metadata assembly.

Any suggestion will be great!

Thanks, Chandra

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 3:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Chandra,

Refer: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn800792(v=bts.80).aspx

Error means that the provider cannot read or write a record in the host file when the record format is not defined correctly in the metadata schema definition for the target host file in the metadata schema Host Integration Definition XML file.

You need to Verify the record layout and record length against the metadata schema definition defined in the metadata schema Host Integration Definition XML file. Check to see if the record is defined correctly as a redefine, overlay or union.

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

• Marked as answer by Chandra Kumar Wednesday, July 27, 2016 1:29 PM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2016 4:39 PM
  • Finally I resolved this issue, Cobol copy book was incorrect for one filed, I corrected the fields and I was able to pull the file  successfully from Mainframe.

Thanks,

Chandra

• Marked as answer by Chandra Kumar Wednesday, July 13, 2016 5:54 PM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2016 5:54 PM

All replies

• Hi Chandra,

Refer: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn800792(v=bts.80).aspx

Error means that the provider cannot read or write a record in the host file when the record format is not defined correctly in the metadata schema definition for the target host file in the metadata schema Host Integration Definition XML file.

You need to Verify the record layout and record length against the metadata schema definition defined in the metadata schema Host Integration Definition XML file. Check to see if the record is defined correctly as a redefine, overlay or union.

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

• Marked as answer by Chandra Kumar Wednesday, July 27, 2016 1:29 PM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2016 4:39 PM
  • Thanks for your response Rachit,

I have already looked into this thread. I am able to see the data through sample query but its failing ,If I am trying to use BizTalk Adapter to read the file.

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 6:38 PM
  • Log from event viewer :-->

APPC session deactivated abnormally Qualifier = 0005 Connection = LU alias = PLU alias = Mode name = Session ID = 0000000000000003 LFSID = 10101 Client Domain = Client User = Client Machine = EXPLANATION An APPC session has been deactivated abnormally. The qualifier listed above corresponds to one of the following: 0002 The session was deactivated because of a temporary (Retry) error, and may be retried. This could occur if the SNA connection has failed, which would be indicated by an Event 23. See if an Event 23 has occurred and follow the action plan outlined with that event. 0003 The session was deactivated because of a permanent (No retry) error, such as a parameter mismatch. Contact the administrator of the partner LU's system to determine which parameters are mismatched. 0004 The session was deactivated because the Host Integraton Server SNA Service detected a protocol violation by the partner LU. Contact the administrator of the partner LU's system. 0005 An APPC or CPIC application was running on a client machine and the client lost it's LAN session to the Host Integration Server, *or* the session was deactivated as the result of a TP_ENDED(Hard) issued at the local LU. If the problem was caused by a lost LAN session, see the client username and machine above, and capture a Microsoft Network Monitor (or similar) trace of a dropped session and provide the trace to Microsoft support personnel.

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 6:40 PM
  • Finally I resolved this issue, Cobol copy book was incorrect for one filed, I corrected the fields and I was able to pull the file  successfully from Mainframe.

Thanks,

Chandra

• Marked as answer by Chandra Kumar Wednesday, July 13, 2016 5:54 PM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2016 5:54 PM