none
The trial version of this app can't be installed A trial version of this app was already installed on this PC

Question

• I'm obliged to download the trial version of app after update, to be 100% sure everything is all right (We're also publishing apps that wasn't made in our company)

The main problem is: after some count of installations I can't do that anymore. In store I see message:

The trial version of this app can't be installed. A trial version of this app was already installed on this PC. You need to purchase this app to use it.

Please note 1: clear the cache of the store doesn't work in that case.

Please note 2: restore system with completely new account doesn't work (checked on surface) - it's look like ID of the device is written somewhere on server

Can I as a publisher/developer solve this problem? Is there any developer tool to reset device's trial state?

Ps: Please don't write about local store simulators.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 11:23 AM

All replies

• Hello Mayamba,

You can change the duration of the trial period when submitting a new release of an app. You should be able to find this under the Selling details.

Are you looking to make this change programmatically? If so I can move this thread over to the appropriate forums for development.

Thanks,

-Jonathan

Windows Store Developer Support

Office Store Developer Support

Friday, February 7, 2014 12:45 AM
  • Hello Jonathan,

We don't want to set trial duration. We assume that you can use our trials as long as you want.

The problem is you can't download trial from the store on device, where it was already installed and then uninstalled couple times. This happens even when you restore your device and then use new account (created during restore process).

I'm wondering if there is a way to:

• remove trial downloads limits,
    • set device as developer device on dashboard (like on WP8),
    • or whatever else what allows me to download trial version again on my surface, which seems to be blocked on the Windows Store side.

Thanks,

Mayamba

Friday, February 7, 2014 10:23 AM