UDDI Authentication Issue RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I am using UDDI SDK 2.0. In my code, i am trying to publish as well as
    search for businesses.

1. While publishing, I do
    Publish.AuthenticationMode = AuthenticationMode.UddiAuthentication;
    Also give user credentials(machine administartor) here.

2. While searching I do
    Inquire.AuthenticationMode = AuthenticationMode.WindowsAuthentication;

I try to browse UDDI virtual directory, http://server/uddi,
    it only allows me to read from UDDI repository and links for publishing are not visible. I checked the virtual dir "uddi" and it is set to allow Anonymous access. If I change it to
    Integrated Windows Authentication, then I am able to browse to virtual
    dir and I can add/update/delete from UDDI rep. But in this case my
    code does not work.

How can i get both the code and normal browsing to work at the same time.

thanks

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 6:44 AM

Answers

• Found the problem.

You need to use WindowsAuthentication for both publishing and searching. In case you use UDDI Authentication for publishing, then you need set "Enable anonymous Access" on uddi virtual directory. and then while reading if u windows authentication, then it wont work as u have set anonymous access on. so use WindowsAuthenticationMode in code for both Reading anfd publishing. Ensure that uddi vir dir is set for "Windows authentication".

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 8:49 AM

All replies

• Tirath -Since it more specific to UDDI issue, I would suggest you to post this question on UDDI forum so that you might get an answer for this.

Thanks

Friday, October 27, 2006 4:57 AM
  • Found the problem.

You need to use WindowsAuthentication for both publishing and searching. In case you use UDDI Authentication for publishing, then you need set "Enable anonymous Access" on uddi virtual directory. and then while reading if u windows authentication, then it wont work as u have set anonymous access on. so use WindowsAuthenticationMode in code for both Reading anfd publishing. Ensure that uddi vir dir is set for "Windows authentication".

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 8:49 AM