none
[E2010] [EWS Java API 1.1][JAVA] - Behavioural changes while getting all the appointments. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using EWS JAVA API 1.1.5 for getting all the appointments. I am using the following code to do that.

ExchangeService service = new ExchangeService( ExchangeVersion.Exchange2007_SP1 );
            service.setTraceEnabled( true );
            service.setUrl( new URI( "https://testserver/ews/Exchange.asmx" ) );
            WebCredentials credentials = new WebCredentials( "user", "pass" );
            service.setCredentials( credentials );
            FindItemsResults < Item > items = service.findItems( new FolderId( WellKnownFolderName.Calendar ),
                    new ItemView( 1000 ) );
            for ( Item item : items )
            {
                System.out.println( item.getClass().getName() );
            }

When running the code in Exchange server 2010, the findItems() returns a list of microsoft.exchange.webservices.data.Appointment instances. But if I run against the Exchange 2007 server, I am getting a list of microsoft.exchange.webservices.data.MeetingRequest.

Why is this happening? Is this the right behaviour in the 2007?

Regards,

Paul

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 6:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Is there any exchange server level flag or something that I need to set, if I need to get the result as Appointments?

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 6:05 AM
  • Getting MeetingRequest items back is very odd. MeetingRequest instances are normally found in the inbox of your mailbox. They do not describe an appointment but merely represent an invitation to one.

Are you sure you get that type of message?

Kind regards,
    Henning

If you get your question answered, please come back and mark the reply as an answer.
    If you are helped by an answer to someone else's question, please mark it as helpful.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 9:51 AM
  • Yes I am sure about the results. I have 2 Exchange 2007 servers. And this is happening in only one Exchange server. The other server returning just fine(Like Exchange 2010).

Is there some configuration in the Exchange Server that I should change?

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 4:18 AM