Retrieve Current Audio and Video bitrate (SS) RRS feed

• Question

• User277110515 posted

Can any one tell me how to know the currently playing Audio and Video bitrate (From Smooth Streaming SDK) 

by Querying ? monitoring any members like "currentAudiopb" "currentVideopb" ?  or notification on bit rate switch?  

Thanks, Gnash

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 10:52 AM

Answers

All replies

• User1278090636 posted

Hi,

To view Smooth Streaming presentation details on server side, do the following.

1. In the Connections pane, click the Smooth Streaming presentation directory, and then in the directory Home page, double-click the Smooth Streaming Presentations icon.

The following presentation details are displayed in Features View:

• File Name. Displays the name of the presentation server manifest (a file that has an .ism file name extension).
    • Title. Displays the descriptive title of the presentation, if one is specified.
    • Video Bit Rates. Displays the available video bit rates, in kilobits per second (Kbps), which are included in the presentation.
    • Audio Bit Bates. Displays the available audio bit rates, in kilobits per second (Kbps), which are included in the presentation.
    • Text Streams. Displays the number of text streams that are included in the presentation.
    • Duration. Displays the length of the presentation.
    • Last Modified. Displays the date and time when the presentation was last modified

2. To view the Smooth Streaming presentation files that are created by the encoder, click Content View below the Home page.

Best Regards,

Jean

Thursday, March 17, 2016 4:09 AM
  • User277110515 posted

Hi Jean,

Thanks for your reply,

but what I'm looking here is not server side, I would like to know the current playing bitrate of Audio and Video in the Client side (device).

in AMS (Adptivemediasource for DASH and HLS playback) there is "CurrentPlaybackBitrate" member to identify the current playback bitrate, in SS what is the similar member to look for keep print the playback bitrate (audio and video)

Thanks, Gnash

Thursday, March 17, 2016 4:22 AM
  • User1278090636 posted

Hi,

You can try the Microsoft Media Platform Player Framework. It provides some methods to get attributes of the media element.

Best Regards,

Jean

Thursday, March 17, 2016 9:42 AM
  • User277110515 posted

Hi Jean Sun,

Thanks for suggestion,

actually, I am following  Smooth Streaming Direct SDK Sample and able to playback.. right now I just looking the current playback stream's track level information (bitrate, Quality ).  Is it possible to retrieve directly from SDK level itself ?.

Thanks, Gnash.

Friday, March 18, 2016 7:16 AM
  • User277110515 posted

Hi Jean,

Thanks for your suggestion, I will try that.

Actually, I am following the Smooth Streaming SDK Demo (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/media-services-build-smooth-streaming-apps/)  , the playback is fine as well.

I just looking the information of currently playing streaming track. (bitrate, Track Index .,). Is it possible to get the bitrate switching notification and currently playing bitrate data from SDK ?

Since the bitrate switch happens automatically in the sample I would like to keep publish the current bit-rate (track which playing with).

Thanks, Gnash.

Friday, March 18, 2016 7:58 AM
  • User1278090636 posted

Hi,

Please learn how to limit the bitrate in the following link.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff182017(v=vs.95).aspx

Best Regards,

Jean

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, March 21, 2016 9:48 AM
  • User277110515 posted

Hi Jean,

yes, it is available with Silverlight, is there similar in UWP SS SDK?

Thanks

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 10:59 AM
  • User1278090636 posted

Hi,

I'm not familiar with UWP applications, you can go to https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/Windowsapps/en-US/home to get better support.

Best Regards,

Jean 

Monday, March 28, 2016 7:02 AM