Problem with using VStudio 2005 Team Edition for Software Developer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am having a problem with VStudio 2005 Team Edition. I earlier built my projects including Class Library, Console based App and a Web App using the Professional Edition but because of lack of support for built-in Code Review and Unit Testing capabilities we switched to Team Edition. After the installation the very first time the Visual Studio came up it asked for some sort of Preference. I without thinking much selected Visual C# development. Now its throwing error when trrying to import my Web application by saying "The project type is not supported by this installation". Since then I tried uninstalling and reinstalling 2 times but no success. I am out of all options of going back to making a selection where I Can start using Web development with this edition. Anybody who has any suggestion I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks

Sunday, June 10, 2007 2:31 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I don't think your problem has anything to do with the initial settings that you chose, which, by the way, can be changed from the main menu: Tools | Import and Export Settings..., and clicking Reset all settings.

So, if I understood correctly, you created a Web application using VS 2005 professional edition, which you cannot open using VS Team Developer Edition? If so, can you please send the project so that I can take a look at it (dgorenae@yahoo.com)?

Thanks,

David Gorena Elizondo

[Team Test]

Monday, June 11, 2007 6:40 PM
  • Hello,

I have to close this thread since I haven't heard back from you in a while. Please unmark as answer and reply with more information if you're still seeing this issue.

Thanks,

David Gorena Elizondo

[Team Test]

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 6:49 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I don't think your problem has anything to do with the initial settings that you chose, which, by the way, can be changed from the main menu: Tools | Import and Export Settings..., and clicking Reset all settings.

So, if I understood correctly, you created a Web application using VS 2005 professional edition, which you cannot open using VS Team Developer Edition? If so, can you please send the project so that I can take a look at it (dgorenae@yahoo.com)?

Thanks,

David Gorena Elizondo

[Team Test]

Monday, June 11, 2007 6:40 PM
  • Hello,

I have to close this thread since I haven't heard back from you in a while. Please unmark as answer and reply with more information if you're still seeing this issue.

Thanks,

David Gorena Elizondo

[Team Test]

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 6:49 PM