An error occurred while attempting to access the SSO database RRS feed

• Question

• I keep getting these errors while trying to work on port bindings in BizTalk Server, seem to be the issues regarding the configuration of DTC, SSO database, Master Secret Server or SQL Server, etc... And I have read most of the related threads here and followed the instructions to fix, but still there are the same errors. So I wonder if anyone here could guide me through these errors. Thanks.

Error 1:

An error occurred while attempting to access the SSO database.

Function: IndividualMappingCreate

File: mappingserver.cpp:1947

The provided statistics stream is corrupt..

SQL Error code: 0x00002391

Error code: 0x0002A21, An error occurred while attempting to access the SSO database.

Error 2:

Unable to communicate with MessageBox BizTalkMsgBoxDb on SQL Instance JMASONWIN2K8VM1\BTSDEV. Error code: 0x8004d00e. Possible reasons include:

1)The MessageBox is unavailable.

2)The network link from this machine to the MessageBox is down.

3)The DTC Configuration on either this local machine or the machine hosting this MessageBox is incorrect.

Error 3:

Could not store transport type data for Primary Transport of Send Port 'xxx' to config store. The transaction associated with the current connection has completed but has not been disposed. The transaction must be disposed before the connection can be used to execute SQL statements. (Microsoft.BizTalk.ExplorerOM) 

Friday, October 25, 2013 9:57 PM

All replies

• I assume you've used MS DTCPing/DTCTester to verify the DTC configuration.

What is the load on your SQL Server for the instances where the MgmtDB and MsgBoxDb are stored? Are all your databases on the same instance... sometimes due to load (processing) you may get intermittent client connectivity issues.

Regards.

Saturday, October 26, 2013 4:33 AM
  • Just try to check if SSO, SqlServer instance etc services are running properly else restart them.

This normally happens if SSO pwd has expired or got changed.

Thanks

Prashant

Sunday, October 27, 2013 6:12 AM
  • Shanky,

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure what do you mean by 'the load on my SQL Server for the instances where those DBs are sotred'. I think both of them are connected with BTS already..

Monday, October 28, 2013 6:02 PM
  • Prashant,

Thanks for the reply. I checked and restarted SSO and SQL Server, but the issues are still in there. Could you tell me how to check SSO pwd? 

Monday, October 28, 2013 6:05 PM
  • By Load I implied utilized memory, Disk IO, paging, resource contention, etc.

Also under the BizTalk Performance Optimization guide there is a specific reference to a registry key pertaining to TCP/IP exhaustion (controlling the number of TCP/IP sockets that can be opened on the BizTalk Servers) which if NOT set might have your BizTalk denying existing connection.

Refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970406/en-us which talks about TCP/IP settings that can impact BizTalk Servers.

Regards.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:35 PM
  • Hi Jvon,

When are you getting this error? Are you getting this error every time like updating any port etc?

If your error message says corrupt SSO. If yes please follow below link to restore SSO Master secret.

Please share some more details about this error.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa560589.aspx

Thanks.

Prashant

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 4:18 PM
  • Hi Prashant,

These errors happen every time when I try to create new ports in BTS. 

Also I tried to restore Master Secret, but an error of 'Bad Data' came out there, seems that something has lost or broken.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 4:43 PM
  • Hi J'von,

Could you please check the eventvwr logs. There should be some error present for your actions (like adding send port etc.).

Also try to configure Microsoft Biztalk Server Configuration from All programmes and see if you are getting this green symbol for Enterprise SSO. If not you should concentrate on restoring SSO db.

Thanks

Prashant

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 4:59 PM
  • Hi Prashant,

I have already checked the Windows Logs once I got the issues, and the error details I just put in my question here. Within BTS Configuration, the Enterprise SSO symbol is always green which means already configured, but the same issues just keep coming, really frustrated..  

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 5:39 PM
  • Hi J'von,

Is this issue resolved?

If not please check if there is any error related to the SSO transaction logs  being full.

Sometimes, when SSO logs are full, we get such errors. Check on the server where SSO is configured.

Thanks.

Prashant

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 5:21 AM
  • Also, can you please ensure that MSDTC is configured properly on all BizTalk boxes.

Following are the settings required under
    Administrative Tools -> Component Services -> Right Click on My Computer - > Properties -> MSDTC Tab -> Security Configurations

All the below options are checked

1. Network DTC Access

2. Allow Remote Clients

3. Allow Remote Administration

4. Allow Inbound

5. Allow Outbound

6. No Authentication Required

7. Enable TIP Transactions

8. Enable XA Transaction

Thanks,
    Prashant
    ----------------------------------------
    Please mark this post accordingly if it answers your query or is helpful.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 5:42 AM