Difference between CE OS 5.2.20765 and CE OS 5.2.19216 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have an application that runs fine on Palm Treo with Windows Mobile 6.1 CE OS 5.2.19216. However, it sometimes does not work (does not process timer events or locks up for long periods of time) on CE OS 5.2.20765.

This appears to be the only difference between devices.

How do I find out what the difference is between two builds? Was there anything fixed or changed?

Thanks.

Friday, December 11, 2009 5:00 PM

Answers

• The differences (fixes and changes) are available to OEMs only. Some information might be available with the OS update package for your device but I guess it will not be developer-centric information.

The issues you are referring to seems to be with the application rather than the system. Timer events are used by many other
    programs and if there is any problem with them, then lots of features will not work. Have you observed something like that on your device?

I suggest to create new application where you use just one Timer object. See if that works fine or not.

- Onkar

http://www.42gears.com
    [SureLock Studio: Quick and Easy way to lockdown Enterprise Windows Mobile devices]
    • Marked as answer by ZHE ZHAO Friday, December 18, 2009 2:34 AM
    Saturday, December 12, 2009 1:17 AM
  • Thanks!

The difference turns out to be how application reacts to when device is switched to "Suspended/Unattended" mode.  Even so my application requests unattended mode via a call to PowerPolicyNotify() it still gets suspended.

Sunday, December 13, 2009 6:41 PM

All replies

• The differences (fixes and changes) are available to OEMs only. Some information might be available with the OS update package for your device but I guess it will not be developer-centric information.

The issues you are referring to seems to be with the application rather than the system. Timer events are used by many other
    programs and if there is any problem with them, then lots of features will not work. Have you observed something like that on your device?

I suggest to create new application where you use just one Timer object. See if that works fine or not.

- Onkar

http://www.42gears.com
    [SureLock Studio: Quick and Easy way to lockdown Enterprise Windows Mobile devices]
    Saturday, December 12, 2009 1:17 AM
  • Thanks!

The difference turns out to be how application reacts to when device is switched to "Suspended/Unattended" mode.  Even so my application requests unattended mode via a call to PowerPolicyNotify() it still gets suspended.

Sunday, December 13, 2009 6:41 PM