Disabling Metro IE10

Question

• Hi Guys

Been trying to make hyperlinks open in desktop IE only but no luck. If I install chrome and make it default all opens in chrome however if I revert back to IE10 any hyperlink opens in metro IE10.

Any idea how I can disable it?

Saturday, November 12, 2011 8:03 PM

Answers

• Try this:

1)Open Metro-style of IE10

2)Then open Charm (in touch screen right side, for non-touch browse mouse down left side ) and then chose setting .

3)It will show setting for Internet Explorer and you could change default there.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 12:08 PM

All replies

• Go to start (metro-apps) and then open Internet Explorer in metro and then right click and in down you will see some options.

In option, you will see option that set Internet Explorer in classic as default and by doing that click on hyberlink will open in classic view.

Sunday, November 13, 2011 2:31 PM
  • Go to start (metro-apps) and then open Internet Explorer in metro and then right click and in down you will see some options.

In option, you will see option that set Internet Explorer in classic as default and by doing that click on hyberlink will open in classic view.

Sorry but I have no options under ie10 metro at all. Buttons I have back, Reload, pin, find on page or open currently viewed in desktop mode, forward nothing else

Sunday, November 13, 2011 2:40 PM
  • The option that said open currently viewed in desktop mode , click on that .
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:47 AM
  • The option that said open currently viewed in desktop mode , click on that .

No that is not permanent, you have to do it each time.
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 6:36 PM
  • Try this:

1)Open Metro-style of IE10

2)Then open Charm (in touch screen right side, for non-touch browse mouse down left side ) and then chose setting .

3)It will show setting for Internet Explorer and you could change default there.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 12:08 PM
  • I think this is a general problem. As a matter of fact IE Metro and IE Desktop are presented as two different applications to the user. Thus both Internet Explorer varieties should be configurable well distinguishably in one place.
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 4:56 PM
  • In this way you could set default one, both of them should be in place that Metro IE is great for touch screen user and desktop IE is for people who are using mouse and keyboard and they don't care about touch screen. Windows 8 is pre-Beta and you will see more improvement as it goes in future version.
    Friday, November 18, 2011 11:34 AM
  • I agree with you.
    Friday, November 18, 2011 11:40 AM
  • Cyber your last suggestion worked. I also think we should have both independently, I could only use metro if it had flash.
    Sunday, November 20, 2011 10:00 PM