none
Regarding generating flat text file containing the EDI segments and field delimiters. RRS feed

• Question

• I want to be able to take an xml shipping orders file containing a header and details and create a text file for an Advanced Shipment Notice EDI document 856.

I have in the past created a flat file document in the format used by an external partner but know we want to handle other partners that use the standard EDI document as in:

ISA*00*...

GS*SH*123*....

etc.

I tried using the 856 schema available in the SDK but I end up with an xml layout in a text file.

Is there no process to build the EDI document in flat file format? How do other shops handle this situation?

Thanks

Bico Bielich

• Moved by Leonid Ganeline Monday, October 8, 2012 5:50 PM EDI question (From:BizTalk Server General)
    Monday, October 8, 2012 4:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Boci,

Please try to setup scenario mentioned in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb226431.aspx. This will give you information what need to set for EDI.

When you are receive EDIRECeive pipeline 0r As2EDIReceive pipeline(in case receive message over AS2 transport)

When you are Sending EDIend pipeline 0r As2EDISendpipeline(in case receive message over AS2 transport)

Also make sure you set party anad agreement properly since its going to generate header for you.

• Marked as answer by bicobielich Thursday, October 11, 2012 1:08 PM
    Thursday, October 11, 2012 3:31 AM

All replies

• >>>....but  I end up with an xml layout in a text file.
    you mean xml has the root node <X12_00401_856>(assumint 00401 version)? If so, probably you need the EdiSend pipeline in the send port. What pipe line do you have currently? Once you fix it,this should generate EDI X12 document with default ISA and GS segement values.

To have party's ISA and GS specific values, you need to associate send port with party. These steps vary for BizTalk 2006 R2 and BizTalk 2010. What version of BizTalk are you using?

Monday, October 8, 2012 11:37 PM
  • Hi Boci,

Please try to setup scenario mentioned in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb226431.aspx. This will give you information what need to set for EDI.

When you are receive EDIRECeive pipeline 0r As2EDIReceive pipeline(in case receive message over AS2 transport)

When you are Sending EDIend pipeline 0r As2EDISendpipeline(in case receive message over AS2 transport)

Also make sure you set party anad agreement properly since its going to generate header for you.

• Marked as answer by bicobielich Thursday, October 11, 2012 1:08 PM
    Thursday, October 11, 2012 3:31 AM
  • Thank you all... I hadn't even thought about hooking up the EDI resources... I have a lot of stuff to try out now.

Thanks 

Bico Bielich

Thursday, October 11, 2012 1:08 PM