color Difference between window 7 and window XP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

my C# winform application has shown two different color at different OS.

in window XP- background color shown light blue  and

in window 7- background color shown dark green

how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

Dipendra

Friday, March 18, 2011 1:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Dipendra Jaiswal,

Please use a fixed color(something like Red,Green and so on...), base on my experiences, this color value will be changed when you use the different themes, you can test this by change the themes in your system, and print out the color value.

Have a nice day!

Mike [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 8:40 AM

All replies

• With the greatest respect, what makes you think that this is a problem?

I suspect it's simply a difference in the colour schemes in use on the two machine.

Your forms should, generally, be designed to adopt the user's choice of colour scheme, i.e. the colours they picked in their Display Properties.  You do this by using the pre-defined SystemColors values for all of your Forms and Controls and, from what you've said, I think you've done so.  Good.  However, if the user wants to have textboxes with orange text on a purple background with an application workspace that's jet black, then that's their choice.  (And their ruined eyesight!  ;-) )

Regards, Phill W.
    Friday, March 18, 2011 1:28 PM
  • Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I think,i have not explained well.now i am trying again

there are a panel control in the form.i have set the panel control backcolor to the 'InactiveCaptionText' color.

when i run this form in window xp-  Panel backcolor has shown light blue  and 

when i run this form in window 7-  Panel backcolor has shown dark green and dificult to read the text.

i want ... panel backcolor display same color in both the operating system.

i hope , you can understand my problem.

Thanks

Dipendra

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 7:53 AM
  • Hi Dipendra Jaiswal,

Please use a fixed color(something like Red,Green and so on...), base on my experiences, this color value will be changed when you use the different themes, you can test this by change the themes in your system, and print out the color value.

Have a nice day!

Mike [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 8:40 AM
  • Have you tried right clicking on the desktop, select personalize. 

Click on window color at the bottom, select "advanced appearance settings" at the bottom. 

Select the appropriate section from the item listbox then select the color you want.

Make sure to click Apply.

I had the same problem with the button hi-light color, which was not adjustable in the development environment.

Thursday, June 16, 2011 3:00 PM