none
BizSpark and how i'm a stupid dumb animal that can't register. RRS feed

• Question

• Well i must be the dumbest idiot on this planet, 3 attempts to sign up for BizSpark

and i get rejected every time.

I fill out all the details

Startup is like 2 years old

Privately owned.

All technology used would be from Microsoft, visual studio, SQL Server, App-Store, Mobile (Surface/WinPhone), a business App, with monthly subscription.

THat is as much as i'd like to say about my business idea, but i guess i have to drop my pants and tell MS every little detail? Otherwise i will be rejected?

I don't mind sharing, but can MS sign a non-disclosure / non-compete contract for my idea?  Otherwise i think this whole BizSpark thing is just a ploy for people to sign up with the Live ID's / Outlook accounts etc...

I'm so frustrated, i'm not some Pirate in Russia waiting for keys and downloads so i can start being Black Beard of the Internets.

I am legit, my business is legit, all i need is a bit of help.

I mean sure i will get some free software to start, but eventually i will be tied to the tools so will be upgrading with newer versions down the line. Why is it so hard to get help on this?

I contacted BizSpark "Support" 5 times, nothing is sent back, is anyone even bothering to read those emails i send?

why do i have to do everything with a backpack full of bricks, trying to climb the highest mountain all the time.

For once i'd like to get some help, and break in life. i'm sooooooooooo tired of being pushed, prodded and put down like a piss poor peasant, while some "Genious" makes a simple app that shows dog pictures and they get help from Microsoft.

Maybe i should just develop the lamest, everyone done it before app, that might be the key in getting help from Microsoft.

for a while i thought i'd do my work on Windows machines and software, but if this continues i will be going to Apple, i've been with Microsoft since my first day of coding, but this is just too much.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 9:48 PM

All replies

• Hello Palo,

I can understand that it is so frustrating when your application is not approved, please do understand in order to Sign Up for BizSpark startup you need to provide as much details as possible.

Thanks
    prathaprabhu

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 4:53 PM
  • But the information i provide will not match what is on my website as i do not put my future plans for everybody to read and steal from.  Does that matter?

Will they check what i write and what is written on my Website?

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 8:12 PM
  • Yes of course, they validate/investigate your provided information with your website and grant the access accordingly. Please do understand that you have an option to choose "Private Profile"

Thanks
    prathaprabhu

Thursday, June 18, 2015 3:19 AM
  • PaloAltoCaveman,

Pratha does not work for Microsoft, so understand that his opinion is not official word.  For the official word, you'll need to contact BizSpark support here: https://www.microsoft.com/bizspark/faqs.aspx.

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support

Did Microsoft call you out of the blue about your computer? No, they didn't.

Monday, June 22, 2015 7:39 PM