No active mixer devices available RRS feed

• Question

• I bought a laptop with Vista on it and formatted the drives and installed XP sp2 on it.

Now I have no audio and when I go to the player or recorder I get a pop up that says

"There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to control panel

click printers and other hardware and then click add hardware"

The service is enabled and I have tried installing the device again, but no luck.

Please help.

Thursday, April 26, 2007 4:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• This forum is for media foundation development questions.  You might try posting your question to one of the Windows discussion groups:  http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.mspx
    Tuesday, May 1, 2007 10:00 PM
  •  zachnoah wrote:

I reinstalled the XP 

Now I have no audio and when I go to the player or recorder I get a pop up that says

"There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to control panel

click printers and other hardware and then click add hardware"

The service is enabled and I have tried installing the device again, but no luck.

Please help.

• Proposed as answer by T1964 Friday, April 3, 2009 11:47 PM
    Wednesday, May 9, 2007 6:39 PM
  • I do not see any answer really posted for this question. I do have the same problem but not sure how to proceed with fixing it.  Tried Add Hardware and put in XP cd but no luck.  Any suggestion as to what to do next?
    Monday, June 4, 2007 4:37 AM
  • Yes there is an solution . same thing happen to me and I fixed it.
     Go to Creative Technology LTD and download for XP users: Sound blaster audigy2, audigy4 series sound card for new driver.
    They have drivers for vista users as well. All you have to know is which system you have for a sound card.
    Friday, April 3, 2009 11:46 PM