How to detect SIM card change or IMSI change Programatically in windows phone 8 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I want to know, how to detect change of SIM card (or) IMSI change  programatically in windows phone 8. In my App, If the user changes the SIM card i need to clear all the details saved in Isolated storage and need to open the APP as a fresh App.i am new to the Windows phone development.

Please someone do the Needful

Thanks..
    Monday, January 27, 2014 5:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As your asked How to detect change of SIM card (or) IMSI change programtically in WP8

1.To get the IMSI info or Change programtically in WP8 is not possible.

Check this Links

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16393442/how-can-i-get-imsi-and-imei-in-windows-phone-8

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/wpapps/en-US/c1feec0e-e621-49e1-8934-cb46ec4b7e7d/how-to-get-imei-number-and-imsi-number-in-windows-phone-app-in-c?forum=wpdevelop

2. To get the SIM card changed I think you first find the operator by using method

var CellularNetwork = DeviceNetworkInformation.CellularMobileOperator;

MessageBox.Show(CellularNetwork);

and save this operator and 

and again when your SIM card is changed 

using same above method get the operator name 

and compare with the earlier one 

Regard

Dinesh

Monday, January 27, 2014 6:28 AM

• 2. To get the SIM card changed I think you first find the operator by using method

var CellularNetwork = DeviceNetworkInformation.CellularMobileOperator;

MessageBox.Show(CellularNetwork);

and save this operator and 

and again when your SIM card is changed 

using same above method get the operator name 

and compare with the earlier one 

This will not capture a change of SIM cards.  One could change one SIM for another that both use the same provider with different numbers and this would not be caught.  It may even "detect" a SIM change if the user roams and it shows a different operator name.

Basically, you can't reliably capture a SIM change and there is no way to capture an IMEI change.

Monday, January 27, 2014 7:25 AM