Provide quicker access to QR Code & text scanning RRS feed

• General discussion

• WP 8.0 had Search | Vision. Done. two taps.

Now I have to launch camera, go to lenses, then select bing vision and wait. Why can't Cortana screen have the "eye" icon up top right next to the music one?

http://about.me/bc3tech

• Changed type Brandon H_ Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:30 PM
    Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:30 PM

All replies

• I second this suggestion. Before Cortana leaves Beta, please add Bing Vision lens shortcut to the left of the Bing Music.

Lance W. McCarthy Windows Phone Developer

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 5:22 PM
  • I second this suggestion. Before Cortana leaves Beta, please add Bing Vision lens shortcut to the left of the Bing Music.

Lance W. McCarthy Windows Phone Developer

This +1 - perfect place for it. Cortana should also respond to "use a code" like XBOX One does.

SMC Apps

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 5:41 PM
  • THIS

The deconstruction of a great OS has begun.. MSFT is about to destroy what was a great experience and 'Androidify' it.. Guess what.. Many will not be interested.. I can get better Android phones for way less..

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 7:25 PM
  • yep she also needs a scan text command to link to the translator.

they always seem to remove good features to add new ones its a bit sickening really. several things on the original 7 devices got removed when they went to 8 as well. they are playing catch up with themselves.

• Edited by c1c2c3c4c Monday, April 21, 2014 5:18 PM
    Monday, April 21, 2014 5:15 PM
  • I don't find it that bad for the amount of times I use a QR code but I like the idea of having it in Cortana and would definitely be nice if you could also say "Scan QR Code"

• Edited by shoey5 Tuesday, April 22, 2014 11:00 AM
    Monday, April 21, 2014 7:15 PM
  • So that's where the QR scanner ran off to. I couldn't find it ever and just gave up. I use nokias camera app and not microsofts so that would explain why I couldn't find it.

Matthew Montgomery

Friday, May 23, 2014 9:13 PM