SQL Server Active Directory Helper service RRS feed

• Question

• I receive the following error on my Server 2008 SP2 server with SQL 2005 SP4:

The SQL Server Active Directory Helper service terminated with service-specific error 3221225572 (0xC0000064).

Also in the logs is the following error for the MSSQLServerADHelper:

'0' is an invalid number of start up parameters. This service takes two start up parameters.

I have found several threads on this subject, but all resolutions indicate that this service can be configured as a manual startup type. The problem is, I already have this service configured as a manual startup, but the errors persist. Also, the service is configured to use the Network Service account to start. This account does have local admin rights on the server as well. 

Ideas?

Friday, November 30, 2012 7:04 PM

Answers

• Hi BryanA1234,

I want to inform that MSSQLServerADHelper service is dynamically started by an instance of SQL Server or Analysis Manager when needed, and is stopped as soon as it has completed its work, we don’t need to start it manually. Additionally, let’s change the service startup account as localsystem account and check whether the error occurs again.

TechNet Subscriber Support
    If you are TechNet Subscriptionuser and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedbackhere.

Allen Li
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 3, 2012 3:12 AM

All replies

• Hi BryanA1234,

I want to inform that MSSQLServerADHelper service is dynamically started by an instance of SQL Server or Analysis Manager when needed, and is stopped as soon as it has completed its work, we don’t need to start it manually. Additionally, let’s change the service startup account as localsystem account and check whether the error occurs again.

TechNet Subscriber Support
    If you are TechNet Subscriptionuser and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedbackhere.

Allen Li
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 3, 2012 3:12 AM
  • Thanks for the feedback. I was aware that it would start on its own when needed, but wasn't sure why it would give that error each time. However, the error stopped occurring on Friday evening after I posted this question. If I see the error again, I will change the startup account to local system. Thank you for your help.
    Monday, December 3, 2012 3:56 PM