Windows 8 app certification failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys,

I have created an app based on the Grid App template. I'm testing it with Windows App Certification Kit and it fails at 4 tests:

1. Launch test: Failed to launch App.

2. App Manifest compliance: Failed to extract imported API information for this application.

3. Supported API test: Failed to extract imported API information for this application.

4. Performace launch: Application Error: Application Launch was not detected for application App.  This could be because your application failed to launch correctly. Please consider re-running the test and avoid interacting with the application while tests are running.

5. Performance suspend: Application Error: Application Launch was not detected for application App.  This could be because your application failed to launch correctly. Please consider re-running the test and avoid interacting with the application while tests are running.

6. Debug configuration failed: Failed to extract imported API information for this application.

I am not using any weird API.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Stefan

• Edited by Raakuu Friday, March 1, 2013 4:12 PM
    Friday, March 1, 2013 4:12 PM

Answers

• Yes I did, nothing was different.

I did manage to solve the problem though. I ran the test on another Windows 8 computer and it worked just fine. :)

Thanks for the answers!

• Marked as answer by Raakuu Saturday, March 2, 2013 1:59 PM
    Saturday, March 2, 2013 1:59 PM

All replies

• Something is missing in your app manifest.  Do a clean, then a build and watch the output windows while it builds.  Maybe there will be a message.
    Friday, March 1, 2013 4:17 PM
  • Thank you for the reply, Danielsn

Did this several times, nothing pops up. I also checked to have every item listed in the msdn document that provides informations about the app manifest. All of them are present.

Stefan

Friday, March 1, 2013 4:26 PM
  • Have you tested your app before associating to Store account. Is there any difference? I have a similar problem and now Microsoft support professionals are trying for fix it for me. Check my thread here;

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsstore/thread/a5a2dd0a-b941-4c01-bc90-86855f87b760

Friday, March 1, 2013 9:36 PM
  • Yes I did, nothing was different.

I did manage to solve the problem though. I ran the test on another Windows 8 computer and it worked just fine. :)

Thanks for the answers!

• Marked as answer by Raakuu Saturday, March 2, 2013 1:59 PM
    Saturday, March 2, 2013 1:59 PM
  • I have the same problem but it also occurs on the testers machines when they test my app. Just running WACK on another one of my machines doesn't help. The error happens on the Performance Launch.

Application Error: Application Launch was not detected for application App

But when I launch the app I get no such lag when launching.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 3:18 PM