none
Can't Modify Cost Rate Table RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All -

I am having trouble modifying our standard rate in cost rate tables. I go to the resource sheet, open the Resource Information dialog box, click the Cost tab, and input a new rate in a new row starting on the date the rate increase was effective.

When I click OK, I get the following message:

"Changes to enterprise resources will be lost.

You can modify an enterprise resource in a project for modeling purposes and publishing the project will include any changes. Your changes will be overwritten when the project is next opened.

A user with security permission can modify the attributes of this resource by checking out the resource with the Open Enterprise Resource Pool command."

Basically, the new rate isn't sticking. What should I do? Shouldn't I be able to edit the rate structure from the cost rate table?

Thanks,

Lindsey

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 3:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You are working in a Project Server environment, the project has been published to the server, and the resource you try to change is an enterprise resource (i.e. defined in the Enterprise Resource Pool)

Then it's very simple: for these resources you can change exactly NOTHING. Only he administrator or the resource manager on the server can, and their changes wil be valid for all projects connected to the server. Sorry.

Greetings,

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 4:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You are working in a Project Server environment, the project has been published to the server, and the resource you try to change is an enterprise resource (i.e. defined in the Enterprise Resource Pool)

Then it's very simple: for these resources you can change exactly NOTHING. Only he administrator or the resource manager on the server can, and their changes wil be valid for all projects connected to the server. Sorry.

Greetings,

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 4:30 PM
  • Jan is right,

Only users with appropriate permissions can modify enterprise resources, which is what you are trying to do.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 7:18 PM