Webform and Winfrom are also useful? RRS feed

• Question

• User-114853317 posted

Referring to WinForm also has to say a bit about WebForm. Since the introduction of ASP.NET MVC, WebForm seems to be disgraced. People complain that it is slow, heavy (viewstate), some people say it's difficult to integrate Ajax, hard to manage HTML. That said, it's not wrong, but it's pretty unjust for WebForm. It's easy for developers to write Web applications, just drag and drop components such as WinForms, without having to learn everything about the Web, such as Response, Request, Query String, Params, etc. .

Many people believe that WebForm will also die, and ASP.NET MVC will completely replace it. In my opinion, WebForm will stay healthy, live well, because there are countless applications built on it, as well as a myriad of experienced WebForm developers. In my opinion a technology will not die as long as it is still useful.

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 3:43 AM

All replies

• User1724605321 posted

Hi krrish389 ,

AFAIK , Web Forms is still supported and will continue to be supported as part of the full .NET framework.  As you said , one of the benefit of webforms is the developers working on project have primary experience in WinForms. The coding model is similar, thus eliminating much of the learning curve. But nowadays more and more people  prefer MVC for clean markup , full control of the rendered HTML , easier integration with third-party JavaScript frameworks ...

Best Regards,

Nan Yu

Thursday, November 22, 2018 2:10 AM
  • User1120430333 posted

Referring to WinForm also has to say a bit about WebForm. Since the introduction of ASP.NET MVC, WebForm seems to be disgraced. People complain that it is slow, heavy (viewstate), some people say it's difficult to integrate Ajax, hard to manage HTML. That said, it's not wrong, but it's pretty unjust for WebForm. It's easy for developers to write Web applications, just drag and drop components such as WinForms, without having to learn everything about the Web, such as Response, Request, Query String, Params, etc. .

Many people believe that WebForm will also die, and ASP.NET MVC will completely replace it. In my opinion, WebForm will stay healthy, live well, because there are countless applications built on it, as well as a myriad of experienced WebForm developers. In my opinion a technology will not die as long as it is still useful.

MVC is just a UI design pattern that started at the desktop. MVC can be used for Windows form UI and Web UI even ASP.NET Web form. There is also MVP a derivative of MVC and MVVM UI design patterns that can be used in Windows or ASP.NET Web forms, which you'll find examples by using Bing or Google.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model–view–controller

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model–view–presenter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model–view–viewmodel

https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/228214/Understanding-Basics-of-UI-Design-Pattern-MVC-MVP

<copied>

If you look at the first two characters in all the above patterns, it remain same i.e. stands for model and view. All these patterns are different but have a common objective that is “Separation of Duties"

<end>

Thursday, November 22, 2018 2:30 AM
  • User-114853317 posted

Well I think my point if it is still useful is not dead, this is also true, but I think I will definitely have to do more MVC.

Thank you very much for your comments, I think my view is somewhat correct as well, but as of now there is a need to add MVC to be more optimized and to be easier to control than HTML. is it right ?

Thursday, November 22, 2018 3:00 AM
  • User1120430333 posted

krrish389

Hi

Thank you very much for your comments, I think my view is somewhat correct as well, but as of now there is a need to add MVC to be more optimized and to be easier to control than HTML. is it right ?

I don't understand what you mean. ASP.NET MVC, a  souped up version of MVC,  doesn't manipulate HTML. JavaScript and JavaScript libraries such as Jquery, AngularJs, KnockeoutJs and many other JavaScript plugins  can manipulate HTML that can be done using ASP.NET Web forms or ASP.NET MVC solutions.

Thursday, November 22, 2018 4:41 PM
  • User753101303 posted

Hi,

This is HTML in both cases. The sentence you likely have seen is that you usually have better control on which HTML markup is rendered with MVC than with Web Forms (which renders the HTML marlup according to what the control designer decided).

Thursday, November 22, 2018 5:44 PM