Visual Studio stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• I have upgraded my windows 8 to 8.1 keeping my files and apps and now, when i try to run, repair or reinstall the Visual Studio 2013, he stopped to respond and does open the installer/uninstaller.

Someone can help me?

Thanks!

Friday, March 13, 2015 2:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Kaue,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Based on your issue, to check if this issue is related to the VS setup file, I suggest you could try to copy this VS setup file to other machine check if you can install the Visual Studio 2013 successfully.

(1) If you still could not install the VS 2013 successfully on other machine, I doubt that this issue is related to this VS setup file. So I suggest you could try to re-download this VS2013 setup file from this Microsoft official, and then install this VS 2013 check this issue again.

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs.aspx

(2) If you could install this VS2013 successfully on other machine, maybe you get some issue when you upgrade your windows to 8.1, so I suggest you could try to repair your Windows 8.1 again check this issue.

If you have any update message about your issue, please tell me.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Tina-Shi Monday, March 23, 2015 8:17 AM
    Monday, March 16, 2015 3:27 AM