How to resubmit an app? RRS feed

• Question

• I submitted an app several weeks ago. Unfortunately the certification process failed due to a problem only occours in release mode but not in debug mode. I tested only the debug mode.

Now I fixed the problem and will resubmit this app, upload the new xap file and restart the certification process. Can anyone describe me, how this can be acheaved? I do not find any possible links I can activate therefor.

I also got a detailed report, which should be available on the application list. One time I could read this report, but now I do not find the report anymore. Am I missing something?

• Edited by Wernfried Saturday, August 11, 2012 1:49 PM
    Saturday, August 11, 2012 1:42 PM

Answers

• The problem is solved. Due to the problem Microsoft had with the AppHub during the last days, my App was not editable. So there was no chance to get into edit mode. After the problem was fixed I could resubmit.
    • Proposed as answer by dwelzel Monday, August 20, 2012 10:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by Danny G. - MS Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:37 AM
    Monday, August 20, 2012 10:57 AM

All replies

• do you see "edit submission" link in the LC page?
    Monday, August 13, 2012 6:43 PM
  • Thx for your answer, but I do not getting it at all.

What is the "LC" page? I cannot find any "edit Submission" link, on no page Im inspected.

What I did was:

• went to my dashboard
    • Selected "Apps" and can see the App I will resubmit
    • Selected the app and see

In progress
    Change to automatically publish (a link I can click)

I'd expected here some link for resubmission. The first submission was done with the old AppHub version, may be this is a hint.  And from the failed certification process I've got an mail with a link to a pdf explaining the reason why the certification failed. This link doesn't work anymore with the new AppHub and I even cannot find a new one in the current AppHub.

May be I'm searching in the wrong place at all.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 7:39 AM
  • Hi Wernfried,

It seems that the status of your app is incorrectly in Processing certification. Can you please open a support ticket to have someone take a look? Additionally, please provide me with your app ID.

Jin

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 1:06 AM
  • Hi Jin,

I contacted the Support as you mentioned.

Unfortunately I cannot provide you with the app ID, I cannot find it anywhere in my AppHub. And I assume the developer ID of the app doesn't help you. And furthermore, I tried to send you a pm, but I also do not find any possibility to do that via the Forum here.

Sorry.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 8:09 AM
  • Hi Wernfried

You can find the app id by going to the Details view for the app and look for Product Identifier. Added a screenshot for my test app

Friday, August 17, 2012 6:31 PM
  • The problem is solved. Due to the problem Microsoft had with the AppHub during the last days, my App was not editable. So there was no chance to get into edit mode. After the problem was fixed I could resubmit.
    • Proposed as answer by dwelzel Monday, August 20, 2012 10:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by Danny G. - MS Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:37 AM
    Monday, August 20, 2012 10:57 AM
  • Hi! I'm facing the same problem. My app is not editable and it is in "Processing certification" since august 9th. What did you do to fix your app/account?
    Friday, August 24, 2012 12:32 PM
  • I didn't do anything. Someday it was editablen and I could upload a newer version. Now it is also in "Prosessing certification" state and I hope I will get a respnse soon.

While is wasn't editable I contacted the Support and first got an automated answer according the problems with the AppHub. Then after I already resubmeitted I gor one more mail from support explaining the reasons. So I didn't do any special.

Friday, August 24, 2012 6:56 PM