Remote test hang issues RRS feed

• Question

• Recently I setup the unit test environment provided by Visual Studio, below is the details:

Test controller and agent are installed with no domain, the establishment is ok and I can see test agent is online.

I create a new test project on my host with domain, I made a trick, added the same username in controller and agent, and add it into relevant usergroup on test controller, the remote setting in test setting is also ok.

When I trigger the unit test, it seems hanging, I look up the event log on test controller, there is an error like this:

(QTController.exe, PID 3752, Thread 12)The controller failed to deploy the test run from the client: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found

ControllerExecution.DoDeployment: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found

Server stack trace:

at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)

at System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses(String hostNameOrAddress)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.CreateNewSocket()

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketCache.GetSocket(String machinePortAndSid, Boolean openNew)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.SendRequestWithRetry(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.Common.FileCopyService.get_DeploymentFlags()

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.Controller.ControllerExecution.<DoDeployment>b__6(FileCopyService fileCopyService)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.Execution.RemoteObjectContainer`1.InvokeAsRemoteUser(Action`1 invoke)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.Controller.ControllerExecution.DoDeployment()

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.Controller.ControllerExecution.RunStateDeploying()

Anyone has some ideas, thanks in advance.

Thursday, May 17, 2012 1:16 AM

Answers

All replies

• The issue is gone, it caused by the dns issue on my host.
    Friday, May 18, 2012 1:48 AM
  • Hi Karen,

Glad to see this issue has been resolved and thank you for sharing your solutions & experience here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions. I mark you reply as the answer.

Have a nice weekend,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, May 18, 2012 6:30 AM
  • Hi Karen,

I am having the same problem.  Can you describe how you resolved the problem?  

Thanks

Paddy

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 12:36 PM