none
Report Viewer v10 doesn't always render hyperlinks for "Go to Report" functionality RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've got a situation here that I've been trying to resolve for 4 days now, so I thought I'd ask for some help.

I have reports running under SSRS 2008 R2 that are using the "Go to Report" functionality.  When viewed using Report Manager, the hyperlinks to the drill through report render just fine.  However, the reports will be run from a web application (VS 2010), using the Report Viewer v10 control.  In this case, although the report looks fine, and drill-down via grouping works fine, the RV control is NOT rendering any anchor tags for the text field with the "Go to Report" link.  However, if I export the report to Excel or Word, the hyperlinks are present in the documents, and work just fine.

I've researched this on the web for 4 days now, and have seen entries that describe issues with styling on the textbox that has the link; issues with empty or ill-formed tags in the RDL file; and many more.  I've run the RDL file through an XML parser, and it is well-formed.  I examined the file line-by-line, but can't see any issues with structure, etc.

The RV control isn't generating any errors via the ReportError event, nor any runtime exceptions.  I even found a thread that stated that the RV control now has an update panel, and to force a refresh on the panel during the PreRender event - all to no avail.

Any help that anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated. I've even tried using the RV v9 control, but IE9 is showing a script error (this.PollResizeImages(oReportDiv,oReportDiv).

Please respond ASAP with any suggestions on how to fix this issue.

Thanks - Doug

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:29 PM

Answers

• Found the fix - but not the answser.  I had originally modified the report params, and based on what I've read about SSRS, I deleted the report from the server, then re-deployed it.  I did this several times during the course of figuring this out, and the report never worked correctly.  Then I added a link to a dummy report on a different field on the detail line, and it worked.  So, I knew this is clearly an issue that could be resolved.  I then decided to delete the offending field from the detail report, re-deploy, test to make sure nothing was there, then re-added the field and link information.  At this point, the drill through functionality on that field is now working fine.  I compared the 2 RDL files, and didn't see anything that should have caused the issue - so the final question is, why didn't deleting / redploying the report work?  Is other info stored in the ReportServer DB that persists after deleting a report?
    • Marked as answer by dpardrey Monday, June 18, 2012 11:26 AM
    Monday, June 18, 2012 11:26 AM

All replies

• Update: the drillthrough works if the "Go to Report" link is applied, for example, in the header section of the report.  It is not working when placed in a detail line that is opened via a drill-down group item.  The AJAX call is made to get the data, but no anchor tags are returned in the detail lines of the opened up report section.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks...

• Marked as answer by dpardrey Monday, June 18, 2012 11:19 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by dpardrey Monday, June 18, 2012 11:19 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by dpardrey Monday, June 18, 2012 11:26 AM
    Friday, June 15, 2012 1:22 PM
  • Found the fix - but not the answser.  I had originally modified the report params, and based on what I've read about SSRS, I deleted the report from the server, then re-deployed it.  I did this several times during the course of figuring this out, and the report never worked correctly.  Then I added a link to a dummy report on a different field on the detail line, and it worked.  So, I knew this is clearly an issue that could be resolved.  I then decided to delete the offending field from the detail report, re-deploy, test to make sure nothing was there, then re-added the field and link information.  At this point, the drill through functionality on that field is now working fine.  I compared the 2 RDL files, and didn't see anything that should have caused the issue - so the final question is, why didn't deleting / redploying the report work?  Is other info stored in the ReportServer DB that persists after deleting a report?
    Monday, June 18, 2012 11:26 AM