none
Stuck in Pre-processing / Credit card verification? RRS feed

• Question

• I've submitted an app almost 24 hours ago and it's still stuck in pre-processing, which is mentioned to require only around an hour. Meanwhile, I have a message that I need to verify my credit card information (some minor charge), because I've used my MSDN registration code. Do I require to verify the card before things proceed (I'm still waiting for it to show up on my online statement), or is the store being swamped?

Thanks.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 8:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Tom Servo,

I would recommend logging an email ticket at http://getsupport.microsoft.com. That way we can review your account and see what the actually status is.

Thanks

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 9:59 PM
  • Sent an email.

The verification transaction still didn't show up on my credit card statement. :|

Friday, September 14, 2012 8:24 AM
  • It's going to be stuck in Pre-processing unless you verify your payment. If you submitted an app for certification prior to verifying your payment, it will remain stuck even after you've verified. You will probably need to cancel the release and resubmit the app for certification in this case. (Source: experience).

Saturday, September 15, 2012 7:16 AM
  • How much of a delay did you have between registering and the verification transaction showing up? Seems you're good to go already.
    Saturday, September 15, 2012 11:44 AM
  • Well, the charge was instantaneous as I was able to call my bank to confirm, but with the card I used, there's usually a delay between the time I get charged and the time it shows up on my account statement. It showed up within about 18 hours or so.

Saturday, September 15, 2012 2:09 PM
  • quite annoying...

i phoned my bank and she told me the amount in USD and local currency. Three transactions has the limit hold, i.e. USD1.0x, USD49.x and USD3.xx.. i guess that the "Transaction Amount" the verification requires should be in USD, i tried USD3.xx and USD 1.0x already, but still failed to verify.... how can i get it verified ? i have 7 more tries only...

btw, why it is so trouble to verify payment ?? i just want to publish free app, i pay for USD$50 for that already..

Friday, September 21, 2012 3:56 PM
  • Hi Bighead Eric,

Check your bank statements for the transactions. They can look something like - MICROSOFT *xxxCODE WHERE xxx is three digits. Sometimes the verification will ask for the charge amount, sometimes is the three digit verification code.

Thanks

• Edited by mark_1h Monday, September 24, 2012 5:54 PM typo
    Monday, September 24, 2012 5:19 PM
  • On my statement, the amount was in SEK, not $, so that's not accepted by the verification service.

And the 3 digit code was cut to 2 digits, because the statement can't contain texts that are that long.

"Luxembourg, Microsoft *58", 16.91 SEK.

ARGH!

/m

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 3:29 PM
  • i've got it verified by contacting the local support, we should use local currency instead of USD. For your case, i guess it is "16.91", have you tried ?
    Wednesday, October 3, 2012 3:31 AM
  • It is not possible for a student to obtain a credit card in my country. There should be an option for us to upload our government issued ID card as a proof of identification and also to check if we meet the age requirement. There are many of my friends who are not able to upload apps to windows store because of this problem. 
    Wednesday, March 5, 2014 6:53 PM
  • It is not possible for a student to obtain a credit card in my country. There should be an option for us to upload our government issued ID card as a proof of identification and also to check if we meet the age requirement. There are many of my friends who are not able to upload apps to windows store because of this problem. 
    Wednesday, March 5, 2014 7:03 PM