none
Accessing Outlook (Office 365) REST API's Through a Class Library RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a .net dll which I am using within Access 2013 to interact with the SharePoint REST API with an HttpClient, is it not possible to interact with the Outlook API's in the same way? Everything I have found requires setting up an app in Azure and using the Connected Services in a web or desktop project.
    Thursday, October 22, 2015 8:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Rdial,

To interact with Office 365 REST API, we need to have an Office 365 business account with global administrator privileges.

This can be one of the following plans:

• Office 365 Midsize Business
    • Office 365 Enterprise E1, E3, E4, or K1
    • Office 365 Education A2, A3, or A4
    • Office 365 Developer

Please refer to link below about more detail:
    Set up your Office 365 development environment

In addition, Office 365 provide v2.0 app model in preview. The v2.0 app authentication model preview enables you to create apps that accept both work and school (Azure AD) as well as personal (Microsoft account) identities.

In the past, an app developer who wanted to support both Microsoft accounts and Azure Active Directory was required to integrate with two completely separate systems. Now you can build apps using the v2.0 application model, which allows you to sign users in with both types of accounts. One simple process allows you to immediately reach an audience that spans millions of users with both personal and work/school accounts.  

Currently, your apps can access the following APIs using the v2.0 app authentication model preview:

• Outlook mail
    • Outlook contacts
    • Outlook calendars

with more Microsoft services being added in the near future.

Here is an helpful article for your reference:
    Authenticate Office 365 and Outlook.com APIs using the v2.0 app model preview

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, October 23, 2015 2:11 AM