MSDN Subscription Packing List + Imation Disc Stakka RRS feed

• Question

•  

First of all, the usual apologies if I've picked the wrong forum - I will happily shift if someone can point me in the right direction, but there doesn't seem to be a correct place for this.

For a few months now I have been unable to use the MSDN Subscription Packing List website (http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/index/packinglist.aspx) to export to our company's Imation Disc Stakka.

No matter what I do I still receive the 'default security settings of the .NET Framework do not allow controls hosted in your browser to access the local storage on your computer' error.

I have downloaded and installed the MSDN Index 2.5 Config.msi package (even rolled back and re-installed), I have manually checked that the settings were implemented (in both .NET 1.1 and 2.0 Configuration tools).

I am at my wits end for not being able to update our Opditracker. Admittedly this has (roughly) coincided with freshly installing Vista. However there is seemingly no help available for this and I can't find mention of anyone else having this problem either in general or with Vista specifically.

Help?

Sunday, December 30, 2007 10:42 PM

Answers

•  

Hannah and Hymee:

We decided to retire the Disk Stakka functionality as there were a number of issues supporting the software in varied environments (different OS versions, different browsers, etc) and the software was not widely adopted across our customer base.

Sincerely,
    Chris Deluca - Dev Lead, MSDN & TechNet Subscriptions Team.

• Proposed as answer by Mike Kinsman Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Kinsman Friday, February 6, 2009 2:49 PM
    Friday, October 10, 2008 8:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Hannah - Sorry it’s taken so long to get back to you, the holidays have been a busy time. Anyway, we’ve been researching this issue.  We haven’t resolved it yet, but we’ll respond back in forum when we know more.  Thanks again for submitting your feedback.

Thank you for patience and have a great day.

Mike

Friday, January 4, 2008 7:39 PM
  • I actually can't see the link "Export to Disc Stakka" anymore in the subscriptions index.  Has it been removed???

Cheers,
    Hymee.
    Thursday, October 9, 2008 12:19 AM
  •  

Hannah and Hymee:

We decided to retire the Disk Stakka functionality as there were a number of issues supporting the software in varied environments (different OS versions, different browsers, etc) and the software was not widely adopted across our customer base.

Sincerely,
    Chris Deluca - Dev Lead, MSDN & TechNet Subscriptions Team.

• Proposed as answer by Mike Kinsman Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Kinsman Friday, February 6, 2009 2:49 PM
    Friday, October 10, 2008 8:26 PM
  • Ouch....

Has anyone else found an alternate way of oragnising all the MSDN/Technet CD's they have? (aside from manually typing on content descriptions etc from 200 odd CD's..)

I would prefer not to have to throw all these away.....

Thanks.

Friday, December 12, 2008 5:11 AM
  • Anything on this?  I have been a long time user of the Stakka and would prefer to not have to type in all that information.

Thanks

Tuesday, February 3, 2009 4:29 PM
  • Well that kind of sucks, but that seems to be the history of the American computer industry. They put out products that are half finished, collect the money and spend the next few years turning out updates they may or may not charge for and that may or many not fix anything.

And they wonder why IT "Fled" to India, Mexico or any place they could get visa's for.

Well I guess that's the kind of thing you can do when you own an American Congress! The cheapest government you can buy!

Saturday, December 3, 2016 12:07 AM