Sim Card doesn't work with my Iot Hub | What is necessary to check on Sim Card RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning Colleagues,

I've my Application that is sending data to Azure Iot Hub correctly when i'm connected to ADSL and Router.

When I switch to Iot SIM CARD stop to work.  The operator is thingsmobile that guarantee to me that sim card has a dynamic ip and should support the azure requirement that i've sent to them (below reported)

https://docs.microsoft.com/it-it/azure/iot-hub/iot-hub-mqtt-support

Otherwise is possible to activate public ip but the cost is not sustainable.

thanks in advance,

Andrea

Friday, February 14, 2020 8:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Andrea,

Did you follow this tutorial by chance: Quickstart: Control a device connected to an IoT hub (Android)

You need to retrieve your devices connection string so that it can be registered with the IoT Hub. This tutorial may help you retrieve and connect your device. 

Telfonica has an IoT sim card solution but I believe you need to be a customer but, it is an example of what you are attempting to accomplish: Integrate SIM data in the Remote Monitoring solution

I will need to varify if you request is supported.

Regards,

Mike

Monday, February 17, 2020 5:23 AM
  • Hi Mike, thanks for the info. Yes all the connection string are properly connected.  I think i the provider that has closed the ports ... I'm still with their support to open the doors.

I will have a look the Integrate SIM data in the Remote Monitoring Solution

best regards

Andrea

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 7:29 AM
  • I've contacted Sim Telefonica for have a quotation,

regards

Andrea

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 9:44 AM
  • I'm using also a Wind sim card and the behavior is the same... 

there is something that I can check ?

Thanks

Andrea

Thursday, February 20, 2020 9:07 AM
  • Hi Andrea,

Not sure if you have been able to identify a solution but, if you haven't...one way to isolate the mobile carrier as the issues is to switch the mobile device to use your Wi-Fi connection instead of the operator's connection, if this is possible. By doing so you can verify/confirm that the the carrier's network is the issue. By SIM card, I am assuming this is a mobile device and that you have the ability to us Wi-Fi instead of the operator's network. 

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Regards,

Mike

Wednesday, March 4, 2020 12:10 AM