none
Dsofile Version 2.1 is not found in Windows 8 64 bit OS and Windows 2012 R2. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have been using DSOFile version 2.1 for microsoft office integration with our application. It is working fine with the OS like windows 7/windows 2008 R2.

But it is not working in windows 8 and windows 2012 R2 and gives the error specific to DSofile (Not registered). DSOfile.dll is not present in the windows/SysWow64 directory.  

As a workaround, we just copied the dsofile file from winows 7 machine to window 8 windows/Syswow64 directory. It started working.

Is there any hotfix available to install Dsofile version 2.1 (40KB of size).

Kindly provide suggestions...

Regards

Narayana/

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 7:00 AM

Answers

All replies

• Narayana,

Can't you just ship DSOfile.dll with your product? And register it with your product?

And I believe there should be a managed code port of this component somewhere on the web. I evaluated using it in our solution 3-4 years ago.

Regards,

Michael

Thursday, August 1, 2013 7:06 AM
  • Hi Michael,

It is an existing application developed using Visual Basic 6.0 nearly a decade ago. It uses dsofile.dll version 1.4.0.7.  Even it is not working with the dll version 2.1.

I guess that managed code of dsofile.dll is not required for this.

Worried about packaging our application with the microsoft component eventhough we have the license. Is it possible to pack the dll along with our application without any issues??

Regards

Narayanan

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 9:19 AM
  • It shouldn't be a problem. We used to package dsoFile.dll with our legacy products.

Michael

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 5:30 PM
  • perhaps this will help

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/224351

Since DsoFile is an optional x86 application, it would seem obvious that an x64 OS might not have it installed.

al

Al Edlund Visio MVP

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 1:49 PM