CEGUI# + XNA: Doesn't seem to be working... RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to get CEGUI# to work with XNA and it doesn't seem to be working...

I've downloaded the latest version of CEGUI# which includes an XNA renderer and an XNA example.  It compiles just fine but when I run the XNA demo it gives an error something like:  "A pixel shader and vertex shader (or effect) is required to use this call".  The call it is erroring on is a DrawPrimitives() which is surrounded by an Effect.Begin() and Effect.End() call.

Does anybody know why this error would be happening?  (espicially because the call is infact inside an Effect, but I think the effect is the DefaultEffect or whatever...)

Monday, March 5, 2007 4:12 AM

Answers

•  

I would suggest posting a message in the CeGUI Fourms as they have developed the solution and should be able to support it. With out having a link to the downloads or an example to work from we will not be able to help... and with the quick search I did (google and Sourceforge) I could not find a link to download the xna stuff to test.

Monday, March 5, 2007 4:27 AM

All replies

•  

I would suggest posting a message in the CeGUI Fourms as they have developed the solution and should be able to support it. With out having a link to the downloads or an example to work from we will not be able to help... and with the quick search I did (google and Sourceforge) I could not find a link to download the xna stuff to test.

Monday, March 5, 2007 4:27 AM
  • My first thought is that your graphicscard don't support the shader level. If not you have do as Glenn suggested and post some more info on where to find this CEGUI# thing and what you are trying to do.

Endre
    Monday, March 5, 2007 11:07 AM