none
WCF Adapters are not showing up in BizTalk Admin Platform Settings and Ports RRS feed

• Question

• My environment is: Windows Server 2008 (64-bit), BizTalk Server 2010, Visual Studio 2010, BizTalk Adapter Pack 2.0 ('complete' installation).

After an application is deployed and I create a receive port, while creating a receive location, the WCF-BasicHttp and all other WCF adapters do not show up in the adapter list.  I have verified that it isn't in the list of adapters under the 'Platform Settings' either.  In fact, none of the adapters from the Adapter Pack are listed.

I have repaired and reinstalled the adapters pack but still not able to see....Please help...........

Regards,

Saqlain

Friday, October 7, 2011 9:49 PM

Answers

• Install all the components till the adapter pack x64 in the same order as in the screen shot. 
    Regards,
    Bali
    MCTS: BizTalk Server 2010,BizTalk Server 2006 and WCF
    My Blog:dpsbali-biztalkweblog
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.
    Friday, October 7, 2011 10:20 PM
  •  

Please verify that the WCF Adapter feature is installed in the main BizTalk installation. BasicHttp etc. comes with the standard BizTalk installation and not the adapter pack.

Morten la Cour

Saturday, October 8, 2011 5:57 AM
  • Hi Saqlain,

For BizTalk 2010 you do not need to install BizTalk Adapter 2.0, you can install BizTalk Server Adapter Pack 2010 (which is on BizTalk Server 2010 media). See my post installation of this package.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server 2010
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Saturday, October 8, 2011 8:56 PM

All replies

• Install all the components till the adapter pack x64 in the same order as in the screen shot. 
    Regards,
    Bali
    MCTS: BizTalk Server 2010,BizTalk Server 2006 and WCF
    My Blog:dpsbali-biztalkweblog
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.
    Friday, October 7, 2011 10:20 PM
  •  

Please verify that the WCF Adapter feature is installed in the main BizTalk installation. BasicHttp etc. comes with the standard BizTalk installation and not the adapter pack.

Morten la Cour

Saturday, October 8, 2011 5:57 AM
  • Hi,

Because BizTalk Admin Console runs as 32-bit, you need to install both versions of the BizTalk Adapter Pack 2.0 (x64 and x86)

Sandro Pereira
    DevScope | MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server 2010
    http://sandroaspbiztalkblog.wordpress.com/ | @sandro_asp
    Please mark as answered if this answers your question.
    Saturday, October 8, 2011 12:09 PM
  • Hi Saqlain,

For BizTalk 2010 you do not need to install BizTalk Adapter 2.0, you can install BizTalk Server Adapter Pack 2010 (which is on BizTalk Server 2010 media). See my post installation of this package.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server 2010
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Saturday, October 8, 2011 8:56 PM