none
Facial Recognition RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is there/will it ever exist methods to do facial recognition based on information gotten with Kinect?

I've noticed Xbox One does that with Kinect and I was wondering if the SDK provide such method.

Best Regards,

Ricardo Alves.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 10:46 PM

Answers

• The SDK does not specifically have identity recognition as a feature. The Xbox One identity recognition is a feature of the platform specifically. What is the scenario you are trying to solve for?

Keep in mind, the identity on a Xbox One feature design was to augment the entertainment experience of the platform. It is only trained for you and a small set of people in your household. If the system doesn't recognize you, or there is a false positive, it isn't a big deal and you can correct it. 

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 5:56 PM

All replies

• The SDK does not specifically have identity recognition as a feature. The Xbox One identity recognition is a feature of the platform specifically. What is the scenario you are trying to solve for?

Keep in mind, the identity on a Xbox One feature design was to augment the entertainment experience of the platform. It is only trained for you and a small set of people in your household. If the system doesn't recognize you, or there is a false positive, it isn't a big deal and you can correct it. 

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 5:56 PM
  • I'm developing a dart machine and I was thinking on using the new Kinect in it. One of the features was to validate a move if the person who did it played in his turn (so recognized a person out of four possible). This is not a really big deal and a false positive is nothing to worry about.

Thanks for you answer though ;)

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 11:07 PM