none
Biztalk templates missing from Visual Studio 2013...how to get them? RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed BizTalk server on one of my Windows Server 2012 R2 servers.  I use Visual Studio 2013 on a Windows 2010 client to develop applications.  When I create a new project in VS 2013 the BizTalk templates are not listed as available in the New Project panel.

How can I make the BizTalk templates available in my Visual Studio 2013 client?

Thanks tonnes for any help, Roscoe

Monday, August 22, 2016 2:54 PM

Answers

• Hi

What version of BizTalk is this? 

Note that to get the BizTalk templates, you need to run the BizTalk setup/installer on your client machine - the machine where you are launching Visual Studio from, and install the Developer Tools and SDK component from the BizTalk server setup/installation media. Highlighted component is the one you need on your client machine-

Also note that the version of BizTalk Server installed on your Windows Server would determine the version of Visual Studio you can use on your client machine.

With Visual Studio 2013, only BizTalk Server 2013 R2 is compatible. If you are using BizTalk Server 2013, you need Visual Studio 2012 - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj248697.aspx . For BizTalk Server 2010, you need Visual Studio 2010.

Thanks Arindam

Monday, August 22, 2016 2:58 PM

All replies

• Hi

What version of BizTalk is this? 

Note that to get the BizTalk templates, you need to run the BizTalk setup/installer on your client machine - the machine where you are launching Visual Studio from, and install the Developer Tools and SDK component from the BizTalk server setup/installation media. Highlighted component is the one you need on your client machine-

Also note that the version of BizTalk Server installed on your Windows Server would determine the version of Visual Studio you can use on your client machine.

With Visual Studio 2013, only BizTalk Server 2013 R2 is compatible. If you are using BizTalk Server 2013, you need Visual Studio 2012 - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj248697.aspx . For BizTalk Server 2010, you need Visual Studio 2010.

Thanks Arindam

Monday, August 22, 2016 2:58 PM
  • Hi rpfinn,

I use Visual Studio 2013 on a Windows 2010 client to develop applications

can you please elaborate on that?? if you have windows sever 2013 r2??

Also what is the order of installation you followed for the stack??

I suppose you installed VS 2013 first??

following link might give you some idea..

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20007707/how-to-install-biztalk-2013-project-templates-in-visual-studio-2012

It is necessary that the developer SK and tools are installed for Biztalk projects to be loaded into Visual studio

Regards,

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Monday, August 22, 2016 3:00 PM
  • Hi,

Well when you just install the Visual Studio on a box which has no BizTalk server installed. You will not find the option to create a BizTalk project. It shows up only when you install the BizTalk Server on the machine which in turn installs Developer Tool and SDK enabling your VS giving the option to create BizTalk projects. In short you CANNOT have the BizTalk development set up in visual studio without installing BizTalk Server itself.

Regards Pushpendra Singh : Please mark my reply as answer or vote it up, as deemed fit.

Monday, August 22, 2016 3:09 PM