none
PDB file not found for NVIDIA

Question

• I have recently switched from VS 2010 Express to VS 2015 Express but cannot get any application with graphics (custom fonts, load and display a bitmap) to run.  When running under debug I receive the following error message in the Output window.  

C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\coprocmanager\nvdxgiwrap.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file. 

Can someone please tell me how to resolve this issue?  I have consulted as many internet articles as I could pertaining to this subject, but so far no luck.

If it's of any help, I have been able to download and build the demo application described at
    https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/CppWindowsDialog-4803d506. 

Thank you in advance for any guidance you have to offer. 

rwhoech

rwh

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 3:03 AM

Answers

• Hi The Bard of Chelsea,

Which version of VS2015 Express are you using? Express Desktop, Web or other version?

Please try check the "Microsoft Symbol Servers" option in menu of Tools -> options -> Debugging -> Symbols. After you check it, Visual Studio will download PDBs automatically.

If this not help, please try with following steps to troubleshoot this problem.

1. Please check whether the nvdxgiwrap.dll is referenced corrected. If incorrect, there will be a warning icon before the dll.
    2. Run Visual Studio as Administrator.
    3. Run Visual Studio in safe mode with "Deven.exe /SafeMode" to prevents all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution.
    4. Repair your Visual Studio 2015 Express with steps of Control Panel -> Visual Studio Express 2015 -> Change -> Repair.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, November 19, 2015 6:35 AM