none
Create a custom office document property that is linked to content inside a powerpoint document RRS feed

• Question

•    

I want to create a custom document property in powerpoint that is linked to the document content in C#.

I found various examples, but they all create custom document properties WITHOUT linking to document content.

What I want to achieve is that a user selects text in any shape and by clicking a button, the custom document property is created together with a link to the source.
    I want to be able to retrieve it later and on demand jump to the linked content.

Here is the code snippet that I'm using:

Microsoft.Office.Core.DocumentProperties properties;   properties = (Office.DocumentProperties)this.myOCMModule.PowerPointApp.ActivePresentation.CustomDocumentProperties;   

Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint.Selection powerPointSelection  = this.myMainOCMModule.PowerPointApp.ActiveWindow.Selection;   

PowerPoint.TextRange textRange = powerPointSelection.TextRange;   

properties.Add("Test1", true, Microsoft.Office.Core.MsoDocProperties.msoPropertyTypeString, textRange.Text, textRange);

The custom property is created but the link is not valid. When I open the custom properties in PowerPoint, it the custom property appears with a broken link.

When i do it manually by creating a custom property it works when doing it like described [here][1].

I want to do the same thing programmatically.

In the MS reference it states

> The source of the specified link is defined by the container application.

Maybe it can't resolve the textRange variable properly?

Does anyone know how i can make this work?

[1]: http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/bookmarks-powerpoint-t2739130.html

Thanks in advance,

Oezguer

Thursday, September 5, 2013 8:05 PM