none
How to get outline view for batch file in VS Code RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed C/C++ extension, and get outline for C/C++ file.

but how to get outline view for batch file?

thanks

Monday, June 17, 2019 9:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm not sure if I can understand what you want to do.
    A batch file is a simple text file.  How about open Notepad.exe (or some text editor) and open a batch file in it?

Regards,

Ashidacchi -- https://ssl01.rocketnet.jp/hokusosha.com/default.html

Monday, June 17, 2019 11:24 PM
  • What he means by this is:

This is how Visual Studio 2019 shows a batch file. Notice how commands are blue, comments are green, strings are the red/brown colour and if/for blocks are collapsible? 

This is a signature. Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 12:04 AM
  • I mean that I need a outline view for bat file in Visual Studio Code. Usually the outline view is a structured variables and functions list of bat file in code editor The outline view is a view that can be opened by windows or view menu.
    Tuesday, June 18, 2019 2:20 AM
  • Hi sincos2007,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Did you download and install the bat extension for visual studio code? If so, we suggest you could go to detected forum for better support, such as related Docs and Issues in github.

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 5:20 AM