SharePoint Lending Library - Assets Not Checking Out RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using the stock Lending Library template in an attempt to gauge if it will be feasible to eliminate the paperwork we do and set our loaner equipment to a fully digital stage. However, I'm having trouble.

After installing the template as a subsite to the "Service Desk" site, it all seems to be fine. I can create categories, add items, and the like. However, when I hit the "Check Out" link and actually check out an asset is where the issue begins.

After checking out the item, the item is not changed in availability (it is still marked as Available) and the link still says Check Out. However, when you click the item in the list to view it's details (it still says Check Out as a link and that it's Available), clicking the Check Out link on that details page returns that the asset is not available. So, it appears that it's updating the database properly, but not displaying the change properly.

I've got no idea where to even begin to fix this... Has anyone run into this before?

Friday, September 24, 2010 8:40 PM

Answers

• Hello Tim,

I tested the behavior with the Fab 40 lending library template for myself.  I found that the "Check in" link remains until you log in as a different user.  Users that did not actually check out the file will have a "Notify Me" link that will allow users to be alerted once the item is check back in.  Once the user checks in the document the link will change back to "Check Out"

If you are still having an issue with this, I would suggest you try and directly contact us via support options and we can have a more in depth review of the issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-use;offerprophone

Regards,
    Dalibor K
    Microsoft Online Community Support
    Saturday, October 23, 2010 12:42 AM

All replies

• What are the values of the following Versioning Settings:

a. Document Version History:
    b. Require Check Out:  

Steve Clark, MCTS | Twin-Soft.com
    Tuesday, October 5, 2010 9:30 PM
  • Hello Tim,

I tested the behavior with the Fab 40 lending library template for myself.  I found that the "Check in" link remains until you log in as a different user.  Users that did not actually check out the file will have a "Notify Me" link that will allow users to be alerted once the item is check back in.  Once the user checks in the document the link will change back to "Check Out"

If you are still having an issue with this, I would suggest you try and directly contact us via support options and we can have a more in depth review of the issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-use;offerprophone

Regards,
    Dalibor K
    Microsoft Online Community Support
    Saturday, October 23, 2010 12:42 AM