none
WPA using flags WDFINTERRPT and WDFDPC is not helping RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to measure interrupt/DPC duration in my WDF driver using WPA. I am setting the flags WDFINTERRUPT and WDFDPC so that the actual ISR names appear instead of the names of KMDF functions. I am using the flags in the manner mentioned below.

xperf -on diageasy+WDF_DPC+WDF_INTERRUPT+0x48000000+PROC_THREAD+LOADER+INTERRUPT+DPC+CSWITCH+TIMER+CLOCKINT -stackwalk TimerSetPeriodic+TimerSetOneShot+CSwitch+readythread+profile -clocktype perfcounter -buffersize 1024 -minbuffers 1024

But still i am seeing a "?" in the place of names of ISR and DPC in WPA. When i configure symbols properly then i being to see the KMDF framework functions in place of ISR/DPC names. 

Can somebody please let me know how am i supposed to use these flags with some example and also any other settings that need to be made in the system?

Saturday, November 1, 2014 1:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What version of WPA are you using. Could you be using an older version?

Thanks 

pg - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 6:06 PM
  • I am using WPA that shipped with WDK 8.1.
    Thursday, November 6, 2014 6:04 AM
  • Yes..I am running my test also on WDK 8.1 only
    Wednesday, November 12, 2014 1:10 PM
  • HI,

Want to follow up on this question.

After configuring kernal symbols on the system, i am now seeing the WDF function names like FxTimer::_FxTImerDpcThunk

FxDpc::FxDpcThunk  etc..

However i am still unable to see my drivers function names. Can somebody help me on this?

Friday, November 28, 2014 10:04 AM