none
Auto Update Word Document RRS feed

• Question

• I have a document in word that I am trying to set up, so that when a certain word is changed or updated, that update takes place in multiple places in a document. such is you have a section that says Title FirstName LastName in multiple location. Can you set up the word document so that when you change the word Title to Mr in one location it changes in all other locations of the document? I am using word 2013. Thank you

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 2:05 PM

All replies

• This forum is for discussing Microsoft Access database related issues.  I'd urge you to repost/move your question to a more appropriate forum, one that discusses the application you are having issues with.

That said, to answer your question, Google the term Word Bookmarks, or look in the help.  This is what you are after.

Daniel Pineault, 2010-2017 Microsoft MVP
    Professional Support: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
    MS Access Tips and Code Samples: http://www.devhut.net

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 2:13 PM
  • Not sure of your process but if you use an Access table and query with criteria to feed a Word document that uses Word Mail Merge the document can use the same fields throughout.

For instance if you select Mr. John Brown then you can have it to insert the first name, John, in several places.

Build a little, test a little

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 6:42 PM
  • Hi,

>> so that when a certain word is changed or updated, that update takes place in multiple places in a document.

In my option, it is impossible. We could get the certain value you want to change by WindowSelectionChange event, but we could not detect the updated value.

For your requirement, I think the Find and Replace function would be better.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 16, 2017 5:17 AM