none
Getting everyone's public calendar info RRS feed

• Question

• I am using c# to set up a system where I retrieve my contacts, and for every contact I would like to get all public calendar appointments with status "out of office" so that I can combine this information into an in/out board for all our employees.

So I was wondering if there is a way to get other people's calendar appointments without using ImpersonatedUserId?

Thursday, October 13, 2011 6:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• Well, you'll always need the required permissions to do this.

Impersonation is one option. Another options is that those people grant you the required permission on their calendar folder explicitly.
     Kind regards,
    Henning

If you get your question answered, please come back and mark the reply as an answer.
    If you are helped by an answer to someone else's question, please mark it as helpful.

Thursday, October 13, 2011 7:48 PM
  • Yeah, I'm interested in the 2nd option if possible. Our employees made the availability status public on their calendars so I can go into outlook and see when everyone is going to be "Out of office". I'm just having a hard time figuring out which objects to use to get access to other people's calendars. Right now I'm looking at folders, but I'm only able to only view my own folders so I'm trying to see if other people's calendar data is stored somewhere in my folders. I'm probably headed down the wrong path. Got any pointers or sample code I can look at?

thanks,

Tox

Thursday, October 13, 2011 7:57 PM
  • Hi,

one option is to use EWS to query for free/busy information. This is the simplest approach. If you have read access to the calendar folders, the get free/busy info will return details on the events. If not, you'll only get the status for a particular time: Free, Busy, Tentativ or out of office.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.exchange.webservices.data.exchangeservice.getuseravailability(v=EXCHG.80).aspx

Kind regards,
    Henning

If you get your question answered, please come back and mark the reply as an answer.
    If you are helped by an answer to someone else's question, please mark it as helpful.

• Marked as answer by Toxxmaster Thursday, October 13, 2011 10:21 PM
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 9:30 PM
  • Sweet. I think I got it. Thanks for your responses!
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 10:21 PM