none
SQL Server Management Studio window panes keep resizing

Question

• Previously, whenever I opened my SQL Server 2008 R2 Management Studio, the window panes of the Object Explorer used to open based on how the window was last resized.  Lately, every time I open Management Studio, the Object Explorer window opens in a smaller sized window pane and I have to resize the object, every time I launch it.  Is there a setting that saves my SQL window pane sizes?

Thursday, February 08, 2018 1:53 PM

All replies

• Is the object explorer docked OR at float  when you open SSMS ? 

Subbu

Thursday, February 08, 2018 6:57 PM
  • It is docked to the left hand side of the screen and pinned down.  It use to open the Mgt Studio screen and maintain the Object Explorer's last used 'resized' sized--large enough so when you expanded a few folders, you can see everything.  Now, every time I launch Mgt Studio, the Object Explorer is very small and I have to resize it each time I open Mgt Studio. 
    Friday, February 09, 2018 1:56 PM
  • Hi dewy-SD,

According to your description, my understanding is that it Reset Window Layout every time when you restart the SSMS.

Based on my researching, the size is stored in the registry, it looks like that the value in your registry in automatically recovered.

I suggest you repairing the SSMS, if it not work, please reinstall it. 

Best Regards,

Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 7:44 AM