none
WinCE 6.0 R3 DMA RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to learn more about the DMA driver in CE 6.0 but have been unable to find complete documentation.  Can anyone point me to good information in this regard?

I have investigated the driver source code and registry entries a bit and am surprised to find the following registry entry "Priority256"=dword:110.  Since "110" is read as a hex number, this would mean that the thread priority should be set to 272 decimal.  Since thread priorities are 0-255, this can not be done.  When I view the actual thread priority, it is 251 in this case.  If the Priority256 registry entry is removed, then the thread priority is set to 109.  This makes sense given the source code shown below.

Has anyone worked with the DMA component and know what the priority should be set to (is there a QFE?)? 

D:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\DRIVERS\DMA\INC\dma_adpt.hpp(47):#define DEFAULT_DMA_THREAD_PRIORITY 110

D:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\DRIVERS\DMA\MDD\dmaadpt.cpp(64): CeSetPriority(DEFAULT_DMA_THREAD_PRIORITY-1);

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 4:44 PM

All replies

• Should be set to?  The answer would be dependent on your system.   You, or your system engineer, would need to determine the thread priority that works best for your needs.

You can override the setting in common.reg by adding it to your platform.reg or project.reg.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    • Proposed as answer by Michael Koster Friday, December 2, 2011 1:07 PM
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 2:25 AM