Switch to Windows Live ID doesn't work!

Question

• Details: my laptop is running Windows Developer Preview with Develop Tools 64-bit. I can not use feature "switch to Windows Live ID".

Code: 0x90070005

Please show how can I do to fix it, brother?

I wanna say thanks first.

Monday, November 14, 2011 5:39 AM

All replies

• First, are you able to logon with a local account on the Windows Developer Preview?
    Have you ever been able to logon with a Windows Live ID account in the Windows Developer Preview?
    Is this a new Windows Live account that you just created or one that you have been using?
    Marilyn
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 2:27 AM
  • that error i have too

the computer was work on a live ID and was crashing when i restore a point

Thursday, December 15, 2011 9:10 PM
  • that error i have too

the computer was work on a live ID and was crashing when i restore a point

Same here.

1. Created restore point on fresh Win8 when installing some software (Truecrypt)

2. Installed some more software, including OneNote 2010 which couldn't sign in to Live and get my notes

3. Linked my account with Live ID, which fixed OneNote problem, everything was working OK across a dozen reboots

4. Restored to earlier restore point (see point 1) due to a problem after installing extra HDD

5. Now cannot link my Live ID again. It goes through with username and password, but throws error on last step (Finish).

Sunday, December 18, 2011 12:51 AM
  • Hey Popescu Dalia,

Let's try refreshing Windows Developer Preview to see if this allows you to use the "switch to Windows Live ID" option. Here is what will happen when you refresh your PC:

• Your files and personalization settings won't change.
    • Your PC settings will be restored to their defaults.
    • Apps from Windows Store will be kept. All other apps will be removed.

To refresh your PC:

• Enter the Start screen
    • Click Control Panel
    • Click General in the left column
    • Under Refresh your PC without affecting your files, click Get started

Then follow the steps provided on the screen.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Steven
    Sunday, December 18, 2011 1:43 AM
  • i got a problem after "switch to Windows Live ID".

the setup completed sucessfully and it told me to use live id password next time i login.... but when i try to login again it says that username/password incorrect...

i've tried live ID password, local password.. nothing helped... i even tried to login after disconnecting internet.. it says that "your machine is offline, try to signin with last password"..

even this did'nt help... i tried local password & live account password,

Sunday, December 18, 2011 8:42 AM
  • Hi Avinash,

please try changing your Live password from another OS, then use the changed password to login your WDP, while connected to net.

Irfan

• Edited by Irfanfare Sunday, December 18, 2011 12:09 PM to add.
    Sunday, December 18, 2011 12:06 PM
  • Check to see if your Windows Live Password is greater than 16 characters. If so, change to password less than 16 and try again
    to logon to Windows Developer Preview.

Are you now able to logon successfully?

Please reply back and let us know.

Marilyn
    • Proposed as answer by Irfanfare Monday, December 19, 2011 1:16 PM
    Sunday, December 18, 2011 7:53 PM
  • thank you.... it worked when i change pwd to less than 16 characters.

but why there is a limit on the length of the password.. it should at least display a warning before i switch to live ID.. or on the login screen

Monday, December 19, 2011 11:57 AM
  • but why there is a limit on the length of the password.. it should at least display a warning before i switch to live ID.. or on the login screen

That's a good question !
    Irfan
    Monday, December 19, 2011 6:06 PM
  • even i got problem after installing extra hdd on my windows 7 system....

pc freezes often and responds very slowly... after 2 days i removed and reinserted the hdd and everything was fine after. donoo what happened with hdd

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 5:14 AM