Report Issue - Timezone related? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just found a bug in my code where I was asking for a report from Mar 3 to 6 and was getting back Mar 2 to 5. I think this is because of timezone conversion. I am sending Mar 3 in EST which defaults to midnight that day and when that is converted to PST it moves back one day. Can someone please validate this?

Also, if there is timezone conversion occuring, are dates converted to the account's timezone or always to PST.

Thanks!

Joey

Friday, March 9, 2007 4:52 PM

Answers

• Hi Joey,

What dev-langauge are you using? We've noticed similar issues in the past with Java users and the Calendar object (which includes Timezone information, whereas the .Net/SOAP DateTime types do not include timezone)

Once we confirm your Dev-language, we can suggest a fix. (it would also be helpful if you could paste-in the portion of your ReportRequest that includes the requested dates, in SOAP-Request format)

Please feel free to contact me should you have any further questions or concerns; or if I can be of assistance in any other way.

Best Regards,

JasonDT - MSFT 

Monday, March 12, 2007 10:16 PM
  • There is no account time zone.

We are using the campaign time zone.

For account performance report specifically, we are taking the first campaign off of the account and use its time zone.

HTH,

Shai

Monday, May 14, 2007 6:34 PM
  • All of them... you will get multiple records in all the different campaign time zones.
    Thursday, May 17, 2007 3:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Joey,

What dev-langauge are you using? We've noticed similar issues in the past with Java users and the Calendar object (which includes Timezone information, whereas the .Net/SOAP DateTime types do not include timezone)

Once we confirm your Dev-language, we can suggest a fix. (it would also be helpful if you could paste-in the portion of your ReportRequest that includes the requested dates, in SOAP-Request format)

Please feel free to contact me should you have any further questions or concerns; or if I can be of assistance in any other way.

Best Regards,

JasonDT - MSFT 

Monday, March 12, 2007 10:16 PM
  • Hi,

I also have the same question. When a report is requested for a specific date range (say 5/12/07 - 5/13/07), is the data returned as per the Account's timezone or PST? We are using Java and Calendar object to specify the date range.

Thanks,
    NS
    Monday, May 14, 2007 4:55 PM
  • There is no account time zone.

We are using the campaign time zone.

For account performance report specifically, we are taking the first campaign off of the account and use its time zone.

HTH,

Shai

Monday, May 14, 2007 6:34 PM
  • Thanks Shai for the response.

Just to verify, for Keyword level report, if I pass multiple campaign Id(in different timezones) to the report request, then which campaign's timezone will be used?

Thanks,
    NS
    Tuesday, May 15, 2007 7:20 PM
  • All of them... you will get multiple records in all the different campaign time zones.
    Thursday, May 17, 2007 3:14 AM