App which fits to two app store categories RRS feed

• Question

• I have an app which can be used as business app and as personal use app, so It fits perfectly to two Windows Store categories, no one of these categories is more appropriate for this app.

But I can't declare more than one category in windows store (I cant see such option).

Please tell me, If there is any option to attach the app to two categories, and if not, What to do in such case.

Monday, October 24, 2016 9:42 AM

Answers

• Hi BitSmithy,
    > But I can't declare more than one category in windows store (I cant see such option).
    I’m afraid an app can only be listed in one category (and one subcategory, if available). So you might pick the one that you think your customers are most likely to find when trying to seek apps like yours.
    You might refer to Category and subcategory table.

>and if not, What to do in such case.
    The purpose of category is to help customers find the app they want more easily. Since you can only choose one category, I think you could add keywords to make it up, like “personal use”, which may help your app appear in search results related to your keywords.

“The Windows Store showcases different apps grouped by category or theme. There are too many great apps to feature them all, and there is no way to guarantee your app will get selected. However, there are some things you can do to make sure your app is eligible to be considered for promotion in the Store.”

Please look into this document which could benefit your app’s promotion.
    Thank you.

Best regards,
    Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Mattew Wu Tuesday, October 25, 2016 8:26 AM
    • Proposed as answer by DeFtHere Tuesday, October 25, 2016 8:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mattew Wu Wednesday, November 9, 2016 7:36 AM
    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 8:25 AM