none
Transfer storage account and custom domain config from one subscription to another

Question

• Is there a way to detach the storage account and the associated custom domain configuration from one subscription to another subscription? We have an Azure subscription which is a msdn developer subscription. We have storage accounts under this. We want to configure custom domains on these developer storage accounts. Basically, we want to test out a few things on this developer subscription account and transfer over to the production subscription account later. Is this possible in general?
    Thursday, December 9, 2010 2:09 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Although we can create new storage account and use CNAME to map the domain, however, we donot have API to transfer data between two accounts.

One possible workaound for transfering data is to create a workrole, let it excute code to copy data from one storage acccount to another.

I still suggest you contacting subrscription support for any good soultion.

Thanks,

Mog Liang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by Ike Ellis, MVPMVP Monday, December 13, 2010 5:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mog Liang Thursday, December 16, 2010 9:05 AM
    Monday, December 13, 2010 2:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Valli,

I understand that you want to move the storage account from one subscription to another. I suggest you contacting Billing and subscription management Support, hope they have idea on how to do this

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsazure/support/

Thanks,

Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Visit Microsoft All-In-One Code Framework to download or request code samples from Microsoft!
    Friday, December 10, 2010 2:20 AM
  • Okay. So there is no way to do this programatically or through the Azure portal?
    Friday, December 10, 2010 7:04 PM
  • Hi,

Although we can create new storage account and use CNAME to map the domain, however, we donot have API to transfer data between two accounts.

One possible workaound for transfering data is to create a workrole, let it excute code to copy data from one storage acccount to another.

I still suggest you contacting subrscription support for any good soultion.

Thanks,

Mog Liang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by Ike Ellis, MVPMVP Monday, December 13, 2010 5:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mog Liang Thursday, December 16, 2010 9:05 AM
    Monday, December 13, 2010 2:19 AM